What's for Dinner, June 2, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paul and I carpooled this morning.... I think I'm going to make him stop and get sushi on the way home. There's a new place in town that I want to try.

If I can't convince him of that..it'll be either leftover soup or veggie burgers.

Tell him I think you have earned the sushi!!!!!!

Tons of leftovers from the weekend ..
so its a your choice kind of night ..
pulled pork sandwiches or french dip sandwiches
i am making with leftover london broil ..
theres also some grilled keibasa ..
might make some french fries to go with it ..

I stuck with the pork.
Cauliflower went bad, made roasted taters... I have a ?? about them see thread to follow at some point tonight......

We decided on wild rice (from a box)
spinach (from a can)
and veggie burger chicken nuggets ( from a box)
I will not be getting my girl scout badge for cooking tonight. lol!

Took the pork I cooked over the weekend, mixed it with some Chile Colorado sauce I made from dried chiles, seasonings and tomatoes, put it inside some nice thin home made flour tortillas with some asadero cheese, wrapped it up and deep-fried it. Mexican style rice, salad of chopped cucumbers, avocado and sliced tomatoes with a vinaigrette. Last of the brownies for dessert. Pretty good today - better than yesterday.

Okay, so nothing worked out. DH couldn't eat at work because the groomer was late finishing our dog and so DH had to pick the dog up in a rush, drop him off grab a quick bite here and rush off to his youth group. Our border didn't go out because he found out he has an exam this week and really needs to study. But he has only been here 2 days and when he got home didn't realize I was actually home on the computer in the bedroom so I didn't find this out until 6:00. DD couldn't meet me afterall so, I went from not having to cook for anyone to cooking for all three of us in about 10 minutes. I grabbed some italian sausage and green peas out of the freezer, cooked them, made a salad and served it with some of my first loaf of NYT bread. Everyone loved the bread which was good because the rest of the meal wasn't that great!

Laurie you are so great in a pinch!
I'da served frozen pizza, pb&j, or grilled cheese!!!!

i broiled a chicken thigh kebab and made a white and brown rice mix for my son, then grilled a coupla plain chicken breasts for dw, then i went out and got chinese food :chef:.

broccoli in garlic sauce, and extra spicy pork chow ho fun.

i broiled a chicken thigh kebab and made a white and brown rice mix for my son, then grilled a coupla plain chicken breasts for dw, then i went out and got chinese food :chef:.

broccoli in garlic sauce, and extra spicy pork chow ho fun.

So how come you cooked two different meals and ate out. Is there something wrong with your cooking that you can't eat it? :rolleyes:

lol, lp. it was just one of those things.

(to be read as fast as possible, like one those disclaimer guys at the end of a commercial):

dw had a doc check up, so i came in from the garden to make my son dinner. i wasn't sure if dw was going to grab something while she was out, and i only have a small window, from 5 to 7 pm-ish when my son is willing to eat (or else it becomes a battle of wills), so i just made him something quickly. he loves garlic/turmeric/s&p rubbed and cubed chicken thighs on a stick, so i threw one under the broiler and made the rice.

then dw came home and asked if i could grill the breasts for her while she cleaned up, which i did. but while she was eating, i had to straighten up the tools in the garden and water the new plants that i just put in, as well as the lawn.

then it was time for our nightly books before bedtime. we read "izzy the lizzy", and "guido's gondola" last night.

finally, dw put our boy to bed, while i went to home depot to get some garden fencing to protect my carrots and radishes from an invading opossum. i picked up chinese food on the way home, and jerry-rigged some cages for the night.
when i opened up my food, i'd noticed they gave me the wrong order, so i went back, and finally ate around 11:30pm.

ok, well, you asked... :)

Yes I did ask! I had a weird dinner experience too (already described a few replies ago). These things happen, but it sounds like you got through it okay and everyone had full tummies at some point in the night!

Between some poor meal planning lately and my fridge going on the fritz for a few days (why do they always quit on a weekend?) I whipped up this pretty quickly using mostly frozen stuff and just one pan.
I broke up some frozen hamburger patties (3-1/4lb), added one finely diced potato, just a little finely chopped onion, Some chopped up mushrooms and of course seasoned it as I went. Also, just a small amount of frozen corn and peas 3/4 of the way through. All cooked in what I consider my everyday pan in some EVOO. After it was basically done I sprinkled a little flour on it and added just a little beef broth to finish it off and moisten things up a bit without making an actual gravy. Then put the mixture on some white rice.

I don't know if it's because I didn't go overboard on the onions (I love cooked onions and have a hard time making sure they don't take over the dish) or because I was cutting ingredients up finer than usual, changing the texture of the dish or something, but it was actually quite tasty. Surprised the heck out of me :ohmy:. I'm going to make it again tonight too ;) I hope it comes out the same :LOL:

Attachments

• burger mixture.jpg
    burger mixture.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 148
Pacanis, that looks good and is very similar to a "throw-together" that my Mom used to make when I was growing up and I started making it too. Depending on what we had on hand ,and whether or not my Dad and/or Grandfather were eating with us, the ingredients changed a bit - if they were eating, no mushrooms, etc.

BTW, about your avatar, I am sorry but that is a very strange looking "dog".:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks, Laurie.
I have been trying to throw something together with burger for a while, but this is the first time it all seemed to come together to where I would want to duplicate it. This was the bowl I had for lunch.

Yeah, you think the "dog" is funny looking, you should see the one brown turd it poops every day..... looks just like an egg :wacko:
;)

My problem with those "throw everything in the pan" things is that I don't really keep track of how much of something I'm using and it never seems to turn out the same way twice. If it really turns out great, I scratch my head, wondering if I can ever duplicate it. It looks really tasty, Pacanis!

Thanks Karen! It was (lol).
That's why I want to try it again while it's still fresh in my mind.
Let's see, there was salt, pepper, chile powder, garlic powder.... now how much of each..... I seem to remember seasoning it everytime I poured myself another beer :rolleyes:
:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom