What's for Dinner June 2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Just got home and dinner for us will be a simple pasta, green salad, Italian bread me it will be grilled lamb chops DH wants Italian sausage what are you having you could change my mind:LOL:
kades

I have vegetables roasting in the oven, and some fresh peaches for dessert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Breakfast for dinner tonight

Over easy eggs, fried potatoes and onions, buttered toast and tomato salad (vine tomatoes, slivered fresh garlic, basil chiffonade, extra virgin olive oil, ground sea salt and ground peppercorns).

img_1007300_0_08deef877c9281635c8aa7d4ac38380e.jpg

Several people have asked how I cook my eggs so I got some pictures tonight.

Heat pan on medium, melt butter, swirl to coat pan, crack eggs into pan.

img_1007300_1_31484fa0598e2f9c285ada0351fe9bf0.jpg

Make sure eggs move freely, break membrane in whites around yolk and spread so whites fully set and cook.

img_1007300_2_4ccb63f5559199833ba683d659699e3d.jpg

Flip and turn heat off, swirl eggs in pan, flip again onto plate.

img_1007300_3_d8456ac4c517884e0ef59c0916fdd2ec.jpg

Last edited:
It is pouring and windy outside and I have already been to the hospital so I can stay in and make soup! I love making homemade soup on a "blustery day". I think I am going to experiment with a non-dairy/gluten cream soup. I have some asparagus, roasted veggies, cauliflower and broccoli. I think I will make a potato base so I don't have to use cream or flour. We use powdered "potato milk" mixed with water to make things creamy but I am going to use vegetable broth today instead of the water.

Garnish will be asparagus spears wrapped with prosciutto and fresh gluten free flax bread that I am about to make.

I have vegetables roasting in the oven, and some fresh peaches for dessert.

Tonight I'll be having that curry beef that got replaced with chicken wings last night.

Kades, what is a "simple pasta"? Is that another way of saying spaghetti? Or do you mean no sauce? Or jarred sauce maybe?

Why is everybody confusing me today? :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yungun is home and requested grilled burgers and popcorn shrimp. So that's what we'll have along with salads. Ice cream sandwiches or fudge bars for dessert.

I knew I was having a discobobulated week, but I didn't think I'd missed a day--June 3rd (tomorrow) is a deadline day. I had to check the calendar to make sure I still had time to finish what I was working on.

Anyhoo--since I start work so early, I am eating a "light snack" before I go to bed. Tonight's is radish soup with a side of leftover zucchini slaw. Radish soup? See the thread I started on this:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forum...ay-to-make-radish-soup-72694.html#post1007317

The zucchini slaw recipe is from LCBO Food and Drink. My cilantro isn't ready yet, but I had some watercress, so I substituted water cress for the cilantro and used balsamic vinegar, tossed in some fennel "leaves" with the fresh French Tarragon. I had to stop my DH from eating it all--I wanted leftovers.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/RecipeController?language=EN&recipeType=1&action=recipe&recipeID=3833

I really must pick up a card (or two) for my digital camera next time I venture off the farm.

Last edited:
Just got home and dinner for us will be a simple pasta, green salad, Italian bread :LOL:
kades
Great minds think alike.:LOL: I just got in also. I had a tree blow down yesterday, so I have been out with the chainsaw cleaning things up. My daughter is away doing a Science project at a friends house, and my wife is having a lie down, and I stink like gas and oil, so I am on my own. I get to have my favorite pasta dish. Penne al Carbonara. Normally, Rigatoni is my favorite short pasta, but I don't have any., so I have to use Rigatoni's little brother, Penne.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Third resurrection for the spaghetti sauce. Gotta get it away from the strawberry rhubarb sauce. Added some Emeril's kicked up sauce with sliced portabellas and whole wheat pasta.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom