"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 06-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #11
Master Chef
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Oh, Ms M, love the eggs! nice job! Actually your whole dinner looks yummy as usual!
Thank you LP

Your hand and your mouth agreed many years ago that, as far as chocolate is concerned, there is no need to involve your brain. -Dave Barry
msmofet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire
I knew I was having a discobobulated week, but I didn't think I'd missed a day--June 3rd (tomorrow) is a deadline day. I had to check the calendar to make sure I still had time to finish what I was working on.

Anyhoo--since I start work so early, I am eating a "light snack" before I go to bed. Tonight's is radish soup with a side of leftover zucchini slaw. Radish soup? See the thread I started on this:

What is your favorite way to make radish soup?

The zucchini slaw recipe is from LCBO Food and Drink. My cilantro isn't ready yet, but I had some watercress, so I substituted water cress for the cilantro and used balsamic vinegar, tossed in some fennel "leaves" with the fresh French Tarragon. I had to stop my DH from eating it all--I wanted leftovers.

I really must pick up a card (or two) for my digital camera next time I venture off the farm.

CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #13
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Just got home and dinner for us will be a simple pasta, green salad, Italian bread
Great minds think alike. I just got in also. I had a tree blow down yesterday, so I have been out with the chainsaw cleaning things up. My daughter is away doing a Science project at a friends house, and my wife is having a lie down, and I stink like gas and oil, so I am on my own. I get to have my favorite pasta dish. Penne al Carbonara. Normally, Rigatoni is my favorite short pasta, but I don't have any., so I have to use Rigatoni's little brother, Penne.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	11096  
Rocklobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #14
Certified Pretend Chef
Pasta here too. With shrimp and artichoke hearts in a white wine and butter sauce.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:02 PM   #15
Senior Cook
Send a message via Yahoo to Stubbs
I made Mexican enchllicas
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #16
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by AmandaN80 View Post
We also had breakfast for dinner. Pancakes, yogurt, bacon, eggs, toast and pineapple with raspberries.

Mmmm! That sounds yummy! :)
Eat, Drink, Laugh and be Happy.
lifesaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Third resurrection for the spaghetti sauce. Gotta get it away from the strawberry rhubarb sauce. Added some Emeril's kicked up sauce with sliced portabellas and whole wheat pasta.

She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote