What's for Dinner? June 9, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
No cooking here on this hot afternoon. I made a nice cool salad with lots of crunchy veggies. Olive oil, vinegar, and finely shredded parmesan for a dressing.

What's everyone having this evening? :chef:

Finger food ----or toothpick food--- or cleaning out the fridge food.

After cooking a ten pound ham yesterday, we had (wait for it) ham. Thankfully most of it's foodsavered and frozen now. Tostitos and cheese, and some strawberries.

I cooked a turkey breast on the gas grill. I heated up the right side to medium and put the turkey breast on the left side and closed the lid. It cooked for about 3 hours. I usually prefer dark meat because white meat is usually dry, but this was so juicy and tender...this is my new way of cooking turkey breast.

I marinated some chicken thighs in lime juice, garlic and onion powders, cayenne, cumin and ancho chile powder, then grilled them. We had those with the last of the green rice and zesty refried beans from last week.

Hi, all!

An easy dinner today - just stuffed ricotta and spinach pasta, with tomato pesto, fresh broad beans and courgette.

I didn't shop for today so it could be a store cupboard menu, e.g. pasta, pesto + (frozen) peas. However, since I am trying to lose weight I will forego this and just eat lots of small apples and celery sticks (I rarely do this!).... I am a crispaholic....my name is Amy and it's been 18 hours since my last packet of crisps!
558648.gif
588401.gif
780422031.gif
3197674658.gif

Last edited:
I didn't shop for today so it could be a store cupboard menu, e.g. pasta, pesto + (frozen) peas. However, since I am trying to lose weight I will forego this and just eat lots of small apples and celery sticks (I rarely do this!).... I am a crispaholic....my name is Amy and it's been 18 hours since my last packet of crisps!
558648.gif
588401.gif
780422031.gif
3197674658.gif
Crisp sandwiches - mmmm!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom