"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 03-19-2006, 06:56 AM   #1
Executive Chef
Whats for dinner March 19?

I've decided on spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, and salad. Anyone else cooking tonight?

amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:02 AM   #2
Master Chef
beef filet... with baked potatoes, garlic butter....
but no idea yet how to make the filets... I think just roasted..

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:26 AM   #3
Sous Chef
Stuffed cabbage rolls with rye bread as per request of my family!!I wanted to due an Italian thing for the Feast of St.Joseph today but, I guess they're still stuck in St Patrick's day mode!!!
VickiQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:31 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
I'm planning to take a pork loin, slice it thin and then bread it in crumbs,parsley,garlic,marjoram,then saute..with it we're having angel hair pasta with Mizithra cheese and brown butter, asparagus, fruit salad and rolls. Dessert is Alix's recipe # 2 brownies with some vanilla ice cream...

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:09 AM   #5
Master Chef
I'm having what kadesma is having!! I would guess it's about a 4 hour flight? I'll be there about 6

Seriously, we're having chicken and beef fajitas and rice. I'm cheating. It's raining and I found packaged fajita meat that is very tender and good. Gonna saute some onion and hopefully find some avacados. They didn't have any good ones Friday and were suppose to get some more in later that day. If not, it'll just be onion, cheese and sour cream.
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:51 AM   #6
Senior Cook
Lil' suthern cookin here,

..as Texasgirl said, it's rainin'. We really need it, too. So, we're baking a ham in a glaze till it falls apart. Pinto beans and potato salad. We already have a macaroni salad, may sneak that in. And of course, cornbread baked in the iron skillet. Then a slice of homemade buttermilk pie. Life is good.
Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:02 PM   #7
Executive Chef
I have a pork tenderloin in the slow cooker right now. I'll shred it up and make a red chile sauce, then layer with corn tortillas and cheddar for delicious enchiladas! For dessert, French Apple Cake!
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." http://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:00 PM   #8
Assistant Cook
mediterranean lemon chicken with couscous and possibly some zucchini.
succ33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:18 PM   #9
Executive Chef
I baked a ham and sweet potatoes and was going to roast some asparagus, but gs said he would rather have salad and it didn't make any difference to dh and me. We are going for a frosty later for our dessert after we walk a trail near the beach.
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:42 PM   #10
Head Chef
Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
Steak and taters in the Big Dog house tonight. A filet Mignion (sp?) for the missus, and a pound of NY Strip seasoned with Emeril's Southwest Essence along with some mesquite garlic seasoning. I really like E's Southwest Essence.

Integrity & Honesty
have been sacrificed on the combined altars of Control, Political Correctness, and Convenience
BigDog is offline   Reply With Quote