What's for dinner? May 28, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
It's only about 3:30 here, but dinner for me today is a humongous fruit salad. I'll probably have a tomato sandwich or some other little snack later on tonight, since fruit won't stay with me long. But it sure is good. :yum:

What's on everyone's menu? :chef:

Cold watermelon, strawberries, mango, plums and blueberries.

img_1366246_0_0858d128e8ac1cffbc98b81bbdd27718.jpg

DH is oot and the yungun is hanging with friends. I made the one ribeye left from Monday's dinner and a baked potato with sour cream and cheddar cheese. It was yummy.

I am making turkey taco salads with homemade guac and salsa. If I am energetic (which I highly doubt), I will make some corn tortilla chips to go with them. The thread on tortilla presses got me thinking about them.

Tonight is shrimp with a garlic/butter/white wine sauce and red pepper flakes. Basmati rice and steamed green beans on the side.

Man, I hate cleaning shrimp, but I love eating them!

I made rotisserie chicken on the grill tonight. There is simply no better way to cook a chicken, in my opinion. It's so full of flavor and just completely juicy through and through.

To round out dinner, I made succotash (thanks to the hominy thread for bringing it to mind) with hominy, lima beans, corn, and bacon. We also had baked sweet potatoes. My daughter, who had previously loathed sweet potatoes is now a convert. I guess being a starving college kid gives you new found appreciation for foods you once considered unpalatable.

img_1366287_0_6de27d9dcbc5f0af96261ddb41a3b07a.jpg

Last edited:
I got a bag of Safeway fresh pizza dough. We'll do our pizza with fresh mozzarella and pepperoni. Keeping it simple tonight.

Back
Top Bottom