"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 05-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #11
Master Chef
Cheese steak sandwiches!

Finally things have started clicking for me, my knees, my elbows, my back, etc...
getoutamykitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #12
Assistant Cook
I'm cooking ahead for Cinco de Mayo, so I had two crockpots running today one with pork for shredded pork enchiladas and one with spicy pinto beans.

So, tonight I taste tested and adjusted the seasonings. Tomorrow I will fry up some rice and make the enchilada sauce.

After partying on Wednesday, I won't have to cook, just heat and eat.

P.S. The pork was boneless ribs.

KBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #13
Master Chef
Site Moderator
No rib here.. but it is pork... we are having ham and scalloped potatoes. The veg depends on what's in the freezer and I may make myself a spinach salad. With the warm weather I need to use it up before what's left in the garden bolts.
DaveSoMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #14
Executive Chef
I bought some Silver Queen corn today - the first I'd seen this season so I creamed that, cooked some baby lima beans, sliced tomatoes and grilled a sirloin steak. It was delicious.
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
It's beautiful and warn so we are having Shrimp salad made with shrimp of course I'm adding some hard cooked eggs diced , celery,chopped green onions, fresh lemon juice chow mein noodles, mayo then avocado slices on top. I have Frech bread to warm and ice tea. Plus dh brought home some cleaned cracked crabs for every one, those I'll marinate and we should be set.
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:15 PM   #16
Master Chef
Had some lovely lobster meat left over from husband's "Monster Lobster" birthday dinner extravaganza last month (one 4-pounder & one 3-pounder for the 2 of us) that I had frozen in the leftover lemon butter. Thawed & heated it up, added some dried Italian Seasoning & some granulated garlic, & served it over some Monterey Bay brand Lobster Ravioli. Topped with some fresh chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley & some grated parmesan cheese & served with a nice green salad of baby greens from the farmers market. Delicious, & a fitting end to the meat from those gigantic lobsters!
BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #17
Certified Cake Maniac
We did have the ribs tonight with corn and salad (we all opted for not potato) and they were very good. DH grilled them just right! I helped myself to the last cob of corn.....can't get enough it!
"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
i had a lovely rib eye steak. made more lovely by the price, $3.45. nice and rare, could only eat half. had a green salad with ranch dressing and brown rice. just finished off with a peppermint patty. blood sugar still low after dinner.
"life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain"
babetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:59 AM   #19
Head Chef
A mushroom, scallion, extra sharp cheddar omelette with whole wheat toast.
"Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces."
merstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:30 AM   #20
Traveling Welcome Wagon
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I have chicken breasts marinating in herb & garlic marinade. Not sure what else yet. If we have enough sour cream (I have to save enough to make a cheesecake this weekend) we might have baked potatoes, and whatever vegetable suits my fancy when I prepare supper.

I ended up adding a can of tomatoes and a can of mushrooms to the chicken when it was about done. Then I made some of Aldi's brand of Spanish Rice (like Rice-a-Roni's version) and transferred the tomatoes and mushrooms to it (it called for a can of tomatoes, and I couldn't see adding more). We had it with corn. So we had kind of a pseudo-Italian/Spanish meal.

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote