What's for dinner May 3rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Think we're going out for ribs for Bugs sweet sixteen. (Its actually tomorrow but we have a crapload of stuff to do tomorrow)

What are the rest of you up to?

i just put dinner in the oven...wanted to use up some ingredients in the frig; ricotta cheese and pizza sauce. after the frog strangler we had the past day.. (got 5 1/2 inches of rain)...i thinned the baby spinach plants this morning and put them in with the ricotta filling.....used straight from the box large shells to stuff and made the sauce thin, so hope the shells cook up alright..

I was feeling pretty crappy last night. SO treated me to take out dinner so I wouldn't have to cook.

Tonight's dinner is the ham steak, sweet potato and cole slaw we had planned for yesterday.

Finally nice to see the sun. Yep, Beth, we had some of the same frog stranglin' weather here, too.

Tonight's marinated steak, sauteed mushrooms, baked potatoes, spinach salad, and peach cobbler. Just took the cobbler out of the oven and I can hardly keep my spoon out of it. But I'll be good and wait for dinner time.

I have chicken breasts marinating in herb & garlic marinade. Not sure what else yet. If we have enough sour cream (I have to save enough to make a cheesecake this weekend) we might have baked potatoes, and whatever vegetable suits my fancy when I prepare supper. :cool:

:)Barbara

I am wavering between ribs with corn on the cob, baked potatoes and salad, or my oriental meatballs (filled with a variety of bell peppers, onion, snow peas, pineapple and mushrooms). I guess it will depend on how much work we do in the back yard and if the wind dies down for grilling!

Does anyone else wonder whether we spend too much time together here sometimes? Yesterday we were all doing chicken and tonight its all ribs. Weird. Great minds or just natural selection or what?

Hope you're feeling better, Andy!
I have the stuff to make meatloaf from this old thread.http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f48/melt-in-your-mouth-meat-loaf-recipe-41704.html

It sure had some rave reviews.
I'll bake a potato for hubby, and some steamed spinach and green salad for both of us.

woooo hooooooo......I've lost another 8 lbs, PLUS 13 inches of body fat gone this last month on my "no white" diet. Patting my own back. ;)

I'm cooking ahead for Cinco de Mayo, so I had two crockpots running today one with pork for shredded pork enchiladas and one with spicy pinto beans.

So, tonight I taste tested and adjusted the seasonings. Tomorrow I will fry up some rice and make the enchilada sauce.

After partying on Wednesday, I won't have to cook, just heat and eat.:)

P.S. The pork was boneless ribs.

Last edited:
No rib here.. but it is pork... we are having ham and scalloped potatoes. The veg depends on what's in the freezer and I may make myself a spinach salad. With the warm weather I need to use it up before what's left in the garden bolts.

I bought some Silver Queen corn today - the first I'd seen this season so I creamed that, cooked some baby lima beans, sliced tomatoes and grilled a sirloin steak. It was delicious.

It's beautiful and warn so we are having Shrimp salad made with shrimp of course I'm adding some hard cooked eggs diced , celery,chopped green onions, fresh lemon juice chow mein noodles, mayo then avocado slices on top. I have Frech bread to warm and ice tea. Plus dh brought home some cleaned cracked crabs for every one, those I'll marinate and we should be set.
kadesma

Had some lovely lobster meat left over from husband's "Monster Lobster" birthday dinner extravaganza last month (one 4-pounder & one 3-pounder for the 2 of us) that I had frozen in the leftover lemon butter. Thawed & heated it up, added some dried Italian Seasoning & some granulated garlic, & served it over some Monterey Bay brand Lobster Ravioli. Topped with some fresh chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley & some grated parmesan cheese & served with a nice green salad of baby greens from the farmers market. Delicious, & a fitting end to the meat from those gigantic lobsters!

We did have the ribs tonight with corn and salad (we all opted for not potato) and they were very good. DH grilled them just right! I helped myself to the last cob of corn.....can't get enough it!

i had a lovely rib eye steak. made more lovely by the price, $3.45. nice and rare, could only eat half. had a green salad with ranch dressing and brown rice. just finished off with a peppermint patty. blood sugar still low after dinner.

A mushroom, scallion, extra sharp cheddar omelette with whole wheat toast.

I have chicken breasts marinating in herb & garlic marinade. Not sure what else yet. If we have enough sour cream (I have to save enough to make a cheesecake this weekend) we might have baked potatoes, and whatever vegetable suits my fancy when I prepare supper. :cool:

I ended up adding a can of tomatoes and a can of mushrooms to the chicken when it was about done. Then I made some of Aldi's brand of Spanish Rice (like Rice-a-Roni's version) and transferred the tomatoes and mushrooms to it (it called for a can of tomatoes, and I couldn't see adding more). We had it with corn. So we had kind of a pseudo-Italian/Spanish meal. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom