What's For Dinner Memorial Day - May 28, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
It's cloudy today and it's suppose to rain a little.....:huh:

However, my dad is having a small cookout. He'll be having grilled sausages and hotdogs. Plus lots of sides and snackie things like chips ect.
I'm bringing homemade lemonaide and a chocolate estacy strawberry cake that I made. Caine introduced me to the cake. Looking forward to trying it later.

What is everyone else eating today?

We are having a bbq for about 11... brats, kraut, cole slaw, "the" potatoes, corn on the cob, beans and a marionberry dessert. Should be yummy!

nice day in central ny
Just hubbie and me today cooking filet migons on the grill, baked patatos and got some corn on the cob and a toss salad ymmy. then a big pcs of chocolate cake later in the day

Well it isn't a holiday in Canada :-( .... so I think we'll be using up leftovers from the weekend. We have to eat quick tonight so we'll be done before the hockey game starts. I'm from Ottawa and we're going for the Stanley Cup.

We're going to the Taste of Cincinnati later today so dinner will probably leftover adobo sirloin steak (I'll make quesadillas out of it).

Its drizzling here now and overcast.

BBQ Ribs, live by myself and have a whole day to tend to them. still letting em marinate, soon the baking process, then rubbing, more baking, and a grill session to cap it off!

we'll be in the garden planting all day. so no barbeque but instead, it'll be home made potato salad out of little tiny Yukon golds I bought yesterday. Deviled eggs, those wonderful meatballs of IG's I made a couple of days ago on huge buns with marinara sauce, (IG's too) and lots of shredded mozzarella cheese atop each one. I'll only have the meatballs sans the buns and the cheese. I'm also making little tartlets of lemon meringue cheesecake thingies. Hubby adores lemon and I made the filling the other day for over the top of my Chinese Lemon Baked Chicken. Should be a good day, nice and coolish so far here today in the high desert @ 68 where as it's hotter 'en 'h&!! in Vegas I hear where it's also a desert. Go figure!...:huh:

Happy Memorial Day to everyone out there and to the men and women in the Military now or previously, many many thank yous.............Hats off to you...:clap:

Hamburgers on the grill, corn on the cobb, baked beans and then a long walk to look at the wild flowers.

later

I've got company for a cookout, so I dug into my Omaha Steaks stash. I got pork loin center cut chops, I got beef tenderloin steaks, I got beef hot dogs, I got beef burgers, and I'm perusing my recipe folder to find appropriate marinades for the steaks and chops. I know I am going to use five spice for half the pork chops, and bulgogi for half the staks, so I just need two more. I'm thinking maybe beef brocoli marinade for the other steaks and bourbon chicken marinade for the other chops.

I also have corn on the cob, broccoli, macaroni salad, and a green salad, and I just might be persuaded into making my world famous Southwest Caesar salad dressing.

smoking some ribs and some chicken thighs ..
not sure what we will have with it ..
salad sounds good ..

'twas supposed to be at a pavillion dinner earlier, 'cept we're both ill.
so probably pizza. already chomped a salad.

Crock-pot chicken with lemons and rosemary in the cavity, it still has a few more hours to go... have not decided yet what to have with it.

It has been raining everyday for the past month it seems... I love the rain so I'm not complaining!!!

Our grill is dead..so we're having chicken that is marinated in a homemade concoction that I whipped up. Also will have taters of some sort and corn or green beans.

My other half bought a couple whole chickens, and is insisting that I roast them. I was thinking about smoking them, but she's basically forbidden me from smoking meat to often. Once every 2 weeks is enough.

You all are making me hungry for corn on the cob!

We're have steak fahitas from last night's leftover ribeyes and baked Vidalia onions.

I've had some chicken leg quarters marinating in some garlic/herb "something" all day, so will grill those. Will have something spinach since the spinach I took out of the freezer for last night's dinner didn't get used. Not sure what else. I'll depend on a stroke of inspiration when I hit the kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom