What's for Dinner Memorial Day Mon. May 25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smoked chickens (lookin' and smellin' good)
Baked beans
Garlic bread
Marinated cucumbers and onions
Chocolate cake

We had barbecued ribs, hamburgers and hotdogs, potato salad, cole slaw, sliced heirloom tomatoes, sliced Vidalia onion (we like'em too, UB) orange pound cake, turtle brownies and I think that covers it. Glad they stayed to eat again so we wouldn't have leftovers. The ribs turned out great! Even my son in law said so and he isn't flush with compliments, usually.

I cooked brisket on the grill, had mac n cheese, baked beans and mixed veggies.

Attachments

• 100_2888.jpg
    100_2888.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 178
i am so worried about my friend , wally. that i haven't even thought of dinner. maybe fish tacos. don't think i really care . friend is in icu at the hospital

decided to go out to veggies in pots, pick basil and make a pesto and have over thin spaghetti. have some left over bread sticks,i bake night before last. and iced tea to drink..also found little desserts called apple blossoms in freezer. so there it is.

decided to go out to veggies in pots, pick basil and make a pesto and have over thin spaghetti. have some left over bread sticks,i bake night before last. and iced tea to drink..also found little desserts called apple blossoms in freezer. so there it is.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend Wally. Hugggs and prayers are with you. I don't think I would have an appetite either. :(

I am having a couple hotdogs, topped with diced cucumber/tomato, sliced dill pickle and mustard.
yum.gif

And a few chips on the side, too. Mark is still having his cheeseburgers.

well the lamb got a bit overdone but still nice and tender---not real flavorful though. Macaroni salad and some rice filled the plate

Attachments

• DSC_0088.JPG
    DSC_0088.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC_0089.JPG
    DSC_0089.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 171
Sesame noodles with scallions, red pepper, ginger, cilantro, green peas, etc.

the cook out we went to was very good....the best part was an almond pound cake with home made vanilla ice cream and home grown strawberries:pig:

I have to say I pooped out. I had a big barbecue on Sunday, so hubby and I spent Monday just lolling around, being blobs .. no not really. How is it that you can throw a party and do it all in paper and disposible plastic, and not a big party at that, and still wind up with a bunch of work to do before, and wake up to a mess the next morning? So yesterday morning my husband and I potted around at cleaning the mess up, and I'd really expected to make a stir fry for dinner, but at about 2 pm asked hubby if he minded if we just had a frozen pizza and called it a day. My sciatica had been acting up, and I was glad to just pop something in the freezer (i have to let you know that I do put fresh garnishes on the frozen pizza I buy). So ...

well the lamb got a bit overdone but still nice and tender---not real flavorful though. Macaroni salad and some rice filled the plate
I have had lamb in a longgggggg time, so I don't know if it looks over-done or not. It doesn't look that way. Your plated picture looks very delish :chef:, and it's early morning. :ermm:

I am having a couple hotdogs, topped with diced cucumber/tomato, sliced dill pickle and mustard.
yum.gif

And a few chips on the side, too. Mark is still having his cheeseburgers.
Here was Mark's dinner. He could only eat one, and I'm having the other one for lunch, reheated.
img_824353_1_337b300479231bbf99f4197bdd6b30f2.jpg

img_824353_2_1e39fd7c9446a7fac1186afdf013b6bd.jpg

This was my dinner.
img_824353_3_1daaa1ee9baadcb64ed06458c2922c42.jpg

img_824353_4_2c55d2e6f82b5b77087604bc5761ac4b.jpg

It was just a Monday in Canada land but we had some bbq-d homemade burgers , deliciously seasoned chicken breasts and a pasta salad that consisted of cold penne, italian dressing , feta and orange/yellow/red peppers.

It was just a Monday in Canada land but we had some bbq-d homemade burgers , deliciously seasoned chicken breasts and a pasta salad that consisted of cold penne, italian dressing , feta and orange/yellow/red peppers.
You can't beat bbq'd chicken, burgers and pasta salad. It sounds like you had a great Monday dinner! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom