What's for dinner Mon.3/11/19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I'll be pan frying some thick porterhouse pork chops and I've prepared a Mexican squash casserole for a side. SC will make us some salads. :yum:

What's cookin at your abode?

Herb and lemon zest coated halibut filets with tomato butter (those are my home grown Everglades tomatoes). Sides are smashed tricolor new potatoes and broccoli.

Attachments

• 2019-03-11 18.40.43.jpg
    2019-03-11 18.40.43.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 115
Took D&SIL to a recently opened Japanese Ramen, Sushi and Poke Bowl restaurant..

Had a variety of great dishes.. :yum:

and... its a half mile from our apartment.. :)

Ross

SO had a green pepper stuffed with leftover golobki filling. I had leftover meatballs in chipotle butter cream sauce and green beans.

It's been cloudy, dreary and cold this afternoon and I just want to go to sleep! :sleep::LOL:

I think I'll make a tuna melt on rye after Tyler gets picked up. That sounds pretty good about now. Fruit on the side.

The plan was chicken marsala. Well, you knowing the saying about best-laid plans. :LOL: I was so hungry by the time I had cleaned the veggies and mushrooms that I didn't want to bother prepping chicken. Instead, I used some of the mushrooms for a mushroom-and-mozz omelet, ham slices on the side, and toasted rye bread.

I'll be pan frying some thick porterhouse pork chops and I've prepared a Mexican squash casserole for a side. SC will make us some salads. :yum:

What's cookin at your abode?

SC didn't have to make a salad, and the Mexican squash casserole wasn't overcooked.

Attachments

• P3110003[1].jpg
    P3110003[1].jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 97
I picked up a fancy-schmancy specialty pork loin at the grocer and whacked it into chops, and pan fried one of those chops. Pretty tasty. Not sure the name of origin, I already threw out the wrapper.

Last edited:
Last night DD made stir fry with garlic sauce (I chopped all the veggies and marinated the chicken, she cooked it):

Eggplant
baby bok choy
mushrooms
onion
extra firm tofu
boneless/skinless chicken breast (marinated with sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, shallot and my house spice blend)
Bean threads
Garlic sauce

No pictures.

Almost forgot I'd bought 2 k of mussels last Fri. Cooked them up yesterday in my favourite style spicy sauce.

Divided the results in 3 - ate one for supper. Separated the mussels from thier shells, packaged them separately from sauce - one is for today - froze the other for ... whenever.

Attachments

• 20190311_122614.jpg
    20190311_122614.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 20190311_132728.jpg
    20190311_132728.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom