What's for dinner? Mon. 6/11/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Homemade fluffy buns, homemade potato chips, pulled pork from one of Craig's last bbq cooks that was meal portioned and frozen plus coleslaw.

Attachments

• 2018-06-11 18.07.04.jpg
    2018-06-11 18.07.04.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 139
I am not cooking anything new until our stash of Pork Stew is all gone. :LOL:

I did, however, make fresh salads. Beds of spinach and romaine. Himself's has the general garden salad toppings. Mine had blueberries, cherries (previously frozen), feta cheese, avocado, and pistachio nuts - all drizzled with a citrus vinaigrette and accompanied by a slice of cranberry-walnut bread.

Attachments

• 20180611_180114.jpg
    20180611_180114.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 170
SO’s sister had to make an unplanned trip up from FL so we have her staying with us for a few days. Dinner will be a roast chicken, roasted potatoes and salad.

I trotted off to the store, and Mrs. T was expecting that we were having grilled burgers tonight, along with Bush's grillin beans and cole slaw. I changed my mind.

Grilled shrimp, white basmati rice with scallions and sun dried tomatoes, roasted brussel sprouts. Mrs. T was thrilled that I changed dinner plans (and she never complains, as long as I cook). For you brussel sprouts haters - try them roasted. Toss with EVOO, salt them like you mean it, roast at 375 - 400 for 30 minutes or so, depending upon the size of the sprouts (or halve them). I have a few stories about people who hated brussel sprouts until they had them cooked properly.

Bad travel day today. The plane would not "start" today leaving Chattanooga. Missed my connection.................Panda Express take out and a bottle of Cab from the local Walmart. Sitting in the Courtyard in Grove City, OH enjoying the forum

My travel day went fine. My hotel is right next door to a Saxby's Chicken, which I have heard a lot about, but never had.

The menu was not what I expected -- all tenders, salads and wings. I ordered some tenders with fries and a slice of Texas toast.

I'm not impressed. It satisfied my belly but didn't do a whole lot for my taste buds.

Oh well, at least I can say I tried it.

CD

First off, I want to go the Kayelle and SC's house for supper :LOL:
Since I can't do that, I made a Sunday worthy dinner on Monday

DSC00228.jpg

Mussels in Marinara with Rigatoni for DH

DSC00230.jpg

On-sale item at Sprouts, small Lobster Tails and a salad for moi (I pick my battles, I REALLY wanted bread so no pasta for me)

DSC00229.jpg

and we shared a half of a loaf of Mini Ciabatta bread from Trader Joe's

Dessert later will be s'mores around the gas fire table out back, it's a beautiful evening here in the middle of the desert :)

Bahn Mi sandwiches here tonight...Chef John's way...complete with duck liver pate'.
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/246028/roasted-pork-banh-mi-vietnamese-sandwich/

What's going on at your house?

I pan roasted the 1 lb piece of pork loin, Chef John's way outside on my new side burner in my carbon steel skillet. Wow.. thinly sliced it made the sandwich with all the other ingredients. The flavor of that meat is remarkable.https://www.allrecipes.com/video/54...l&referringId=5458&referringContentType=video

Wish we could have had you for dinner Kgirl.

Attachments

• P6110057[1].jpg
    P6110057[1].jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 133
  • P6110060[1].jpg
    P6110060[1].jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
I trotted off to the store, and Mrs. T was expecting that we were having grilled burgers tonight, along with Bush's grillin beans and cole slaw. I changed my mind.

Grilled shrimp, white basmati rice with scallions and sun dried tomatoes, roasted brussel sprouts. Mrs. T was thrilled that I changed dinner plans (and she never complains, as long as I cook). For you brussel sprouts haters - try them roasted. Toss with EVOO, salt them like you mean it, roast at 375 - 400 for 30 minutes or so, depending upon the size of the sprouts (or halve them). I have a few stories about people who hated brussel sprouts until they had them cooked properly.

It doesn't matter...until you can make them taste like cherry cheesecake, they are all yours. I'm over 21, I don't hafta like or eat them. And I have tried to like them, because I know how good they are for me. But I don't and I won't. You can have mine.

Oh, I had Garlic Chicken with fried rice, Hot Jasmine tea and egg rolls, I asked for extra broccoli and ate all of it. They had to move me out with a wheelbarrow.

Yet another cheat day. Some shop bought breaded garlicky pork escalopes served with new potatoes, beans, cauliflower and broccoli.

Took some of our leftover ribeye and sliced it thin and made steak omelettes with it, along with tomatoes & shredded triple cheddar cheese. Mom had a sliced tomato with hers, I had a sliced cucumber with mine. Greek yogurt w/granola for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom