What's for Dinner, Mon, October 13, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
Since my son had to work on his birthday last week, we're taking him out to dinner tonight after we get his present of new glasses. Since he moved out on his own, he hasn't been able to afford new ones and the ones he has are starting to fall apart. Will probably hit Outback since it is next to the glasses store. What's your plans?

Chicken thighs with Alfredo sauce and roasted potatoes and brussle sprouts.

alfredo sounds so good! but it doesnt re-heat well for TJ.... so I dont make it.
BUT I WANNA!

Maybe BLT's tonight, got alot of work to do for tomorrow.

wanna make that twinkie cake for hub
so gotta get the stuff at the market
pork chops with real tender white beans simmered in butter onions garlic
noodles in bolognese
long green beans in bacon and onions butter and sesame seeds
NYT bread with butter

I'm going to throw a steak and a potato or two on the grill. And of course some garlic bread.

After last nights disaster, it's going to be peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a glass of milk. Maybe with a side of potato chips, the wavy kind.

I picked up some snow crab legs at the store yesterday, so we're having snow crab, steamed asparagus and garlic parmesan mashed potatoes.

Mmmmm Pancanis, I'm with you steak sounds good tonight! With roasted potates and onions, and peas on the side....:cool:

Bourbon....
The chuck roast is simmering S-l-o-w-l-y.....Smellin good..it want be much longer....
The biscuits will be hot....
Roasted tators....
Chocolate Cake....or a hot biscuit with pear preserves....:ermm:

chicken thighs in crockpot, cooking with tomato soup, basil, rosemary, onion powder, garlic, sea salt , melange of pepper, smoked paprika and cinnamon.

Making oven fried chicken, mac and cheese and pumpkin pie for dessert.

Beef Jantaboon

I really want to make Beef Jantaboon, but I sprained my finger and it makes dicing and chopping difficult. But I might just push through the pain and make it any way. It is one of my favorite recipes. Basically, it is beef stir-fried with chile peppers, garlic, green onion tops, bean sprouts, rice wine, soy sauce, fish sauce, and more garlic served with flat rice noodles (jantaboon).

Last edited:
Boiled 20 count shrimp(18 shrimp, shrimp cocktail), bistecca pizzaiola and steamed fresh spinach. Wife refuses to make side dish of macaroni with putanesca sauce even though we have a few shrimp to spare. Guess I'll survive if I get an extra ration of vino. The Jantaboon sounds great.

Remember when someone asked about the Bertolli oven bakes? DH bought one over the weekend, to have on hand when no one feels like cooking. Well, he has a toothache and I just finished a 10-hour day, so we're having Bertolli's 4-cheese stuffed shells with shrimp scampi sauce and a green salad. I'll let you know how we like it :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom