What's for dinner, Monday 02/08/2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our neighbour brought over a delicious smelling casserole a few minutes ago. She phoned this morning to say she was making dinner. It has ground beef, sliced potatoes, peas, corn, onion and a cream sauce. I will just add some salad and Dad and I have a great meal. I am really being spoiled by people!

I made some beanies and weenies for dinner. After all the snow shoveling I really couldn't bring myself to make something highly complex like grilled cheese.

Pan Fried Noodles with Beef Broccoli

4341751555_8a02b904d1_b.jpg
http://www.discusscooking.com/watch?v=4xhtD5eFlU0

I ate at our friends' house. We had chicken nuggets, tater tots, and applesauce. James, who was at home, had peanut butter and grape jam sandwiches. We both had chocolate pudding after I got home. :)

:)Barbara

I just had a corn dumpling soup I've been working on (inspired by my girlfriend's masa dumpling soup). The soup itself is pinto beans and green chile supplemented with a faux beef stock. The dumplings are corn meal and margarine with caramelized (because I meant to just clarify them and instead covered them in the pan and got distracted for 20 minutes) onions. It's pretty good, as in it has potential, but needs a little work. It's slightly bland and I think I would rather go the spice route than simply add a pound of salt.

I made some sauce that popped into my head during my midterm
Chicken with almond mushroom sage sauce. My experiment turned out pretty well ^_^
IMG_0932.JPG

Back
Top Bottom