What's For Dinner Monday 04/19/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still in the beginning stages myself. I'm thinking tortilla pizzas or quesadillas today. Since I'm still on the injured list I will be home all day. How hard do you think it would be to bake with a messed up elbow?

How hard do you think it would be to bake with a messed up elbow?

OUCH! Guess it would depend on which elbow. I have tendonitis in my right shoulder real bad and any sudden movement or reaching above shoulder level is very painful. Of course I'm right handed too!!! Hope your elbow heals soon.

If I get it going we will be having beef stew!

So Alix, what did you do to yourself? I must have missed it. Take it from me, baking with an injured arm is not the easiest thing. Can a family member help?

I'm going to stir fry some leftover roasted chicken that I have shredded up....with some frozen veggies and rice. OH, I've got shrimp too. Nom.

We are having Italian sausages,peppers,potato strips,onions, and big soft rolls to put everything in. A big green salad and brownies for dessert.
kadesma :)

So Alix, what did you do to yourself? I must have missed it. Take it from me, baking with an injured arm is not the easiest thing. Can a family member help?

I may have torn my ulnar collateral ligament in my right arm. And yes, getoutamykitchen, I'm right handed. UGH! I'm not sure what I did to tear it, but its pretty swollen and ouchie. I've been on some anti inflammatory pills to get the swelling down enough to xray. (Did that today) I've not had time yet today to bake...and its pretty toasty out there today so that might not happen. I am itching to bake though. Going to finish my lunch and peruse my recipe box to see what inspires me.

Got some yummy stuff for the tortilla pizzas too. Got some prosciutto and salami, and some turkey pepperoni. I'm stoked!

I may have torn my ulnar collateral ligament in my right arm. And yes, getoutamykitchen, I'm right handed. UGH! I'm not sure what I did to tear it, but its pretty swollen and ouchie. I've been on some anti inflammatory pills to get the swelling down enough to xray. (Did that today) I've not had time yet today to bake...and its pretty toasty out there today so that might not happen. I am itching to bake though. Going to finish my lunch and peruse my recipe box to see what inspires me.

Got some yummy stuff for the tortilla pizzas too. Got some prosciutto and salami, and some turkey pepperoni. I'm stoked!
Wish I could come help Alix, go slow and see if you can do the pizza
s then if you don't hurt to bad try geeting something easy for dessert together. Please take it easy.
cj

I made a pan of lasagna yesterday, today DW is going tohave to worm it up and diner is served. My kids like lasagna. Personaly I prefer piece of chicken.

I don't have a clue. Something with chicken. Stay tuned for further developments.

Further development:

Browning the chicken breasts in a hot skillet, deglazing with some white wine, then topping them with a can of Rotel, a bag of frozen French-style green beans and a dash of cumin, salt and pepper. Cover and bake 'til done.

leftovers from the weekend...we have parts of two quiches, one with asparagus and smoked ham and the other with broccoli and venison summer sausage

just started a no knead pizza dough for tomorrows pizzas

Tonight I grilled some pork chops and sauced them up with the mango-chipotle sauce I made. Added some potato pancakes made from last nights leftover whipped potatoes and some corn and green beans.

s then if you don't hurt to bad try geeting something easy for dessert together. Please take it easy.
cj

Thanks kadesma, I am doing OK. I'd LOVE to have you here though. Think what fun we'd have in the kitchen! I think I have to leave baking alone for a bit. All my baking stuff is in a drawer that needs 2 hands to open. LOL! Guess we wait a bit!

cj

Oh, Oh, pick me!!! I know this wonderful no cook dessert. Vanilla Ice Cream and Orange Crush Soda Floats.:LOL:

Leftover mushroom risotto
Risotto2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom