What's for dinner? Monday 10-5-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Everyone has great sounding dinners!

We've sure had some mileage out of that dish I made a few nights ago of spaghetti squash/meat sauce/cheese. We had the leftovers tonight with a side of Italian link sausage and steamed artichokes.

Last edited:
I'm in the mood for pasta today, but not a marinara based pasta dish. :)

I have fresh broccoli that needs using up, a wedge of parm, and I found some vacuum sealed leftover rotisserie chicken in the freezer, so I think it'll be Broccoli Chicken Alfredo. I usually use half and half for the alfredo sauce, but I'm out so will have to use whole milk...

Turned out really good for a throw together meal using leftovers. It wasn't as rich using whole milk as it would have been with cream or half and half of course, but still tasty. :yum:

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 142
Thanks, LP! It was especially good with crusty garlic bread to sop up the last of the sauce. :yum:

Great looking burger and pancakes, Joey! :yum: And Cheryl? If you have leftovers, I will happily take them off of your hands. ;)

We went out! :ermm: :ohmy: Shocking, I know! I've had a taste for beer-batter fish for a while, and Himself is always up for chicken parm at our little local restaurant. They run a weekday, 3-course meal for $13.88 - how can you miss? We each started with a bowl of creamy French onion soup, then Himself had the chicken and I had Pitch Black IPA fried haddock with dinner fries and coleslaw. Dessert, taken home along with half of each of our dinners, was apple spring rolls with a light drizzle of something cinnamony on top and a *pfffbbtttt* of swiss buttercream alongside. Between what we brought home, the leftovers we already had, and the piece of cod I bought today for our intended dinner tonight, after I cook tomorrow the rest of the week will be "leftovers". :LOL:

American Chop suey, slumgullion, goulash. Different regional names for the same dish. As GG said, we've had significant discussion on this dish and its many names.
Don't forget "Johnny Marzetti", the original dish first made in Columbus, OH in the late 1890s. Himself swore they were still serving from the original batch when he attended THE Ohio State University in the mid-1960s. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom