What's for dinner? Monday 10-5-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm in the mood for pasta today, but not a marinara based pasta dish. :)

I have fresh broccoli that needs using up, a wedge of parm, and I found some vacuum sealed leftover rotisserie chicken in the freezer, so I think it'll be Broccoli Chicken Alfredo. I usually use half and half for the alfredo sauce, but I'm out so will have to use whole milk.

What's on your plate for this evening? :chef:

Grilled pimento cheese sandwiches and pasta salad. The cheese recipe came from this months BA mag. I made up the salad dressing using mayo, Marzetti's coleslaw dressing, French's yellow mustard, cider vinegar, S&P.:yum:

DH is tennising tonight, so I'll probably finish up the other half of a chicken sammie, along with some coleslaw.

A quick trip to the deli for some rare roast beef, re-routing yesterday's onion soup and magic under the broiler to melt some jarlsberg swiss on top of the roast beef. Fish out some onions to top and the soup becomes au jus. Voila'= French dip sammies.

Mushroom, swiss burger & potato pancakes w/ apple sauce.

img_1439160_0_a719b15014026896f7a8aea00fb6c933.jpg

Sorry for being too brief. American Chop Suey.

That's okay, I remember when Pacanis wondered what TB stood for as it was an acronym he wasn't familiar with. Someone pointed out it is my hubby's initials! :LOL: Sometimes we know what we are saying but the rest of the world doesn't have a clue! ;)

We had leftover Greek-style roasted chicken and potatoes warmed up in the oven and roasted asparagus in the toaster oven, with a squeeze of lemon juice for serving. :yum:

American Chop suey, slumgullion, goulash. Different regional names for the same dish. As GG said, we've had significant discussion on this dish and its many names.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom