"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 12-28-2015, 08:15 PM   #11
Master Chef

Wow....the dinner pics here this evening have my mouth watering! Steve, your shrimp cocktail and veggies looks amazing.

Joey, I'd love one of your open faced pork sammies.

Kgirl, that's a perfect fried egg, IMO. Just how I love them, and what a good idea to serve one over stuffing. Yum. As for the adobo and ranch dressing mix...it's really good. I buy a small can of Herdez Chipotle Peppers in Adobo, chop the peppers, pour it all into a freezer ziplock bag, flatten it, and freeze. Whenever I need a little, I just break some of it off and refreeze the rest. I can never go through even a small can myself. It's also really good mixed with plain greek yogurt or sour cream as a topping for fish tacos.

Old 12-28-2015, 08:23 PM   #12
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I bet it would be even better if you baked it. I find a high temperature works well.

I would but baking makes it all hot and crispy. 😀

Old 12-28-2015, 09:15 PM   #13
Executive Chef

I bet Andy's dough ball with toppings is waay better than the warmed up leftover pizza delivery I got yesterday and hardly put a dent in it. Pepperoni, I added sliced olives.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:07 PM   #14
Executive Chef

I had a $4 off any frozen pizza coupon from Ralphs (Kroeger's) and a choice of pizza specials under $5, so I'm having California Pizza Kitchen BBQ chicken with bacon. I'd have a salad but I've been munching raw vegetables (mostly green onions) so I guess it's pizza night.

I didn't like that I couldn't see enough BBQ sauce so I drizzled some of my own on top.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:52 PM   #15
Head Chef

Broiled marinated lamb chop, baked potato, french cut green beans, french roll, mint jelly.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:49 AM   #16
Master Chef

Pretty food pics. Taking photos isn't on my mind right now since I'm too busy visiting!

We're using up the lasagna...slowly. We were first expecting 7, so I cooked for 14. Only 4 of us here on Christmas. Lots of leftovers! We managed to clean up about half of the 9x9 pan. Due to feeling withdrawal from veggies, I made a huge salad, too. Salad's gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
...I'll do some kind of a finish sauce for them...
How did you finish off tonight's chops, Kayelle? This is too late, but this might give you an idea for some of those that went into the freezer: Pork Chops with Thyme Pan Sauce We have small boneless pork loin roasts in our freezer from a big one I bought last month (or October). I'm planning on cutting one of those into chops and using half of them to make this for dinner sometime after we get back.
Old 12-29-2015, 01:04 AM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Pretty food pics. Taking photos isn't on my mind right now since I'm too busy visiting!

We're using up the lasagna...slowly. We were first expecting 7, so I cooked for 14. Only 4 of us here on Christmas. Lots of leftovers! We managed to clean up about half of the 9x9 pan. Due to feeling withdrawal from veggies, I made a huge salad, too. Salad's gone!

How did you finish off tonight's chops, Kayelle? This is too late, but this might give you an idea for some of those that went into the freezer: Pork Chops with Thyme Pan Sauce We have small boneless pork loin roasts in our freezer from a big one I bought last month (or October). I'm planning on cutting one of those into chops and using half of them to make this for dinner sometime after we get back.
Thanks for that CG. The pan sauce I've been doing for chops is almost exactly like that, with some cream and Dijon mustard to the mix. It's so durn good, it's hard to change. Slurp.*

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 01:16 AM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Thanks for that CG. The pan sauce I've been doing for chops is almost exactly like that, with some cream and Dijon mustard to the mix. It's so durn good, it's hard to change. Slurp.*
My mouth is watering...
Old 12-29-2015, 05:55 AM   #19
Head Chef

Nicoise salad.

Tags
dinner