What's For Dinner Monday 15th July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are having spaghetti and meatballs (I have frozen sauce and meatballs), a green salad, and fresh bread (frozen bread dough too, hope it works). Maybe some bruschetta. I'm sooooo glad we have good tomatoes again!

I think the yungun is going out with friends and DH is still gone for work. I have tons of leftovers in the fridge so I think I'll just reheat some for myself. I'm leaning towards the unstuffed cabbage with mashed taters tonight.

Another 90 degree day. :( I hate, no despise, this weather. We're having a dinner salad again already. Usually get away with just one of these because Himself doesn't consider it "dinner'. He welcomed the suggestion tonight. I have 2 lettuces that I'll top with grilled chicken and shrimp, bacon, eggs, kalamata and queen olives, tomato.....LOTS of good and COLD items! We'll see what is hiding in the back row of the fridge and in the veggie bin. Chunks of the bread-on-hand to go along. Maybe a small scoop of yesterday's tuna salad at the side. And, probably, ice cream.

Another 90 degree day. :( I hate, no despise, this weather. We're having a dinner salad again already. Usually get away with just one of these because Himself doesn't consider it "dinner'. He welcomed the suggestion tonight. I have 2 lettuces that I'll top with grilled chicken and shrimp, bacon, eggs, kalamata and queen olives, tomato.....LOTS of good and COLD items! We'll see what is hiding in the back row of the fridge and in the veggie bin. Chunks of the bread-on-hand to go along. Maybe a small scoop of yesterday's tuna salad at the side. And, probably, ice cream.

I've been craving tuna salad. I may make some up tomorrow for lunch! How do you make yours?

I'm pan-frying pork chops with s&p and oregano, to be served with pan-fried polenta topped with Bertolli spaghetti sauce doctored up with onion, garlic, hot pepper flakes, oregano and garden-fresh basil. Smells wonderful in here!

Sounds like you have enough meat in there to satisfy Himself. My DH is the same way. I was surprised I got away with a steak salad with leftover grilled flank steak recently. The key, I think, is a big, full bowl.

TB is having fun with his new BBQ - a "gift" from my Dad's estate. He did turkey sausage patties to go with our smoothies for breakfast, and smokies for our main meal.

I am making a salad for myself with some rotisserie chicken for my supper.

Grilled Pork Chops w/ pineapple-habanaro glaze.
39817-albums933-picture5571.jpg

Those pork chops look divine S&P!

I decided to grill some NY cut steaks, bake a couple of potatoes and stir fry some fresh green beans with garlic and red pepper flake (not too much red pepper flake though, lol!). We will also have green salad. That should do it, Poor DH just got home, he has been up since 4am, it's been a very long day for him ( the air conditioning is not working in his gravel truck and it was HOT today). I think he's kinda crabby, so I hope he enjoys his dinner ;) wish me luck in returning with my head intact later ;)

Nice chops, S&P!

:LOL: Bunny! We're still working on the chicken salad.

I've been craving tuna salad. I may make some up tomorrow for lunch! How do you make yours?

My tuna salad is like TJ Maxx - Never the same thing twice. I always start with mayo (not Miracle Whip - I think it's too sweet), chopped celery and hard cooked eggs, Lawry's Salt (the ONLY time I use Lawry's), mustard (usually Colman's Mustard powder), and fresh ground black pepper. THIS incarnation included lemon zest and fresh snipped chives. Sometimes I add Tabasco sauce or finely minced shallots or thinly sliced scallions or anything else that sounds good at the moment. If Himself likes a certain way he has to let me know right then. If he waits until the next day there's a pretty good chance I won't remember exactly what I grabbed! Let us know what YOU end up mixing, OK?

My tuna salad is like TJ Maxx - Never the same thing twice. I always start with mayo (not Miracle Whip - I think it's too sweet), chopped celery and hard cooked eggs, Lawry's Salt (the ONLY time I use Lawry's), mustard (usually Colman's Mustard powder), and fresh ground black pepper. THIS incarnation included lemon zest and fresh snipped chives. Sometimes I add Tabasco sauce or finely minced shallots or thinly sliced scallions or anything else that sounds good at the moment. If Himself likes a certain way he has to let me know right then. If he waits until the next day there's a pretty good chance I won't remember exactly what I grabbed! Let us know what YOU end up mixing, OK?

Apparently we both get our tuna salad at TJMaxx, CG! Mine is similar, minus the eggs. Lots of sweet pickle relish, and chives, or scallions, or shallots or ?? Nuts, apple pieces, cleaning out the fridge.....

Last edited:
Apparently we both get our tuna salad at TJMaxx, CG! Mine is similar, minus the eggs. Lots of sweet pickle relish, and chives, or scallions, or shallots or ?? Nuts, apple pieces, cleaning out the fridge.....

Not sweet relish, but sometimes I'll do dill. Have also added sliced green olives. I like my tuna salad on the salty side. Different strokes and all...;)

Back
Top Bottom