What's For Dinner, Monday 17th June 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pan roasted chicken with fresh morels we ran across a few days ago. Will make some kind of sauce, probably cream based. Don't know what sides will be yet.

Sometime leftovers are as good as the originals. Mom's potato salad with sliced jalapeno added. Grilled chicken salad sandwich with lettuce tomato and tarragon mayo on toast.

Homemade Slow Cooker Firecracker Chili with Homemade Parmesan and Black Pepper Baked Pita Wedges. Fresh mango slices with our own yogurt cheese. OMG it sounds like a lot of food :ohmy:

I pan-fried a few pork loin chops last night. Tonight, I think I'll slice up a leftover chop and scatter it over a tossed green salad. Maybe a baked potato on the side.

Weather will determine meal. Planned on doing the steaks but the heavens opened up. Didn't look promising for hours. Granted we eat late (east coast time zone, west coast body clocks :wacko: ) but I didn't want to wait for hours from now. Defrosted some of my always-ready chicken breasts...and the sun comes out! :LOL: Blue skies, clear radar. Looks like the steaks. So far. If they get grilled I'll make lemon chicken and asparagus in a lemon cream sauce tomorrow.

An old favorite...ham and broccoli rolls with mustard sauce, romaine salad with artichoke hearts, cucumbers, grape tomatoes. Washed it all down with iced tea and had coconut custard pie for dessert. Our tummies are happy.

I'm going to cook a lot of food in a little pan tonight, just because. Potatoes, green beans, beef schnitzel, bacon grease and one ten inch skillet will be involved.
I'm trying to downsize.

Left over steak sand on cabbata bread.
39817-albums960-picture5553.jpg

Ended up being neither the steaks nor the chicken. While making salads Himself decided he was hungry right then. After salad we had some of yesterday's leftover dogs and potato salad. I'll have to start prepping dinner at noon tomorrow just so I'm ready when his tummy clock goes off. :rolleyes:

I was inspired by Steve's company menu with cornish game hens a few days ago, so when I saw them on sale I thought I'd treat us like company. I simmered a glaze for them with Port wine, honey, balsamic vinegar, sage, paprika and salt till it reached a thick consistency and basted them several times in the oven at 400 degrees till cooked through and golden. Served with tri colored rice and a salad, we felt like company with just the two of us

Pan roasted chicken with fresh morels we ran across a few days ago. Will make some kind of sauce, probably cream based. Don't know what sides will be yet.

roadkill morels? ;)

j/k.

and wow nce again, s&p.

i had some roast beast cold cuts to use up, so i just made them into a sammich with american cheese and bread and butter pickle slices.

not bad, but at least i didn't let $12/lb roast beast go to waste. that's getting ridiculous. i need to start making my own.

i think i see a new thread a'coming.

Back
Top Bottom