"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 10-22-2012, 02:32 AM   #1
Master Chef

What's for Dinner? Monday 22nd of October

Making Kadesma's Crumby Chicken tonight (with pork chops intead of chicken) and a crispy salad on the side. I'll see what salad greens they have that look fresh when I go shopping later

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:16 AM   #2
Executive Chef

You really get me! Here I am up late and it turned 22nd just an hour ago. I'm still digesting dinner of the 21st! I haven't even had time to get indigestion yet!

I just don't know. Maybe you can tell me what I'm having tonight. I still have 18 hours to decide.

If the last week is any indication I may be having jalapeno poppers as an appetizer. I've made them about 4 days out of the last week, perfecting the technique. Tonight I served them to my neighbors instead of shooting them. (I mean shooting photographically, and I mean the poppers, not my neighbors! It's kind of amusing when you think about it...)

Another topic tempts me to have shumai as the appetizer. (Flash fry/steam them right from the freezer in 50/50 mixture of rice vinegar and soy sauce, then serve them with the pan juices over as a sauce.)

I'm trying to decide dinner (just for this topic) even though it's 18 hours away... Had fish tonight, strike fish, had steak last night, strike beef, hmmm... kind of looks like a good night for chicken, eh? Maybe barbecued, maybe with chili corn?

Chili corn recipe (short version): Pick one: barbecue or microwave. Husk the corn and butter it, then sprinkle it with chili powder. If barbecue, wrap in aluminum foil and cook on your grill for 10-15 minutes, turning them occasionally. If microwave, nuke them for 2-3 minutes, maybe more depending on how many ears you have. (Ears of corn, we all have 2 ears on our heads, or at least we start out that way...)

No, really, chicken sounds like a good idea. I'll report back when I have more info. Maybe I'll even shoot my chicken. Photographically.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:19 AM   #3
Traveling Welcome Wagon

We will be having chili.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:39 AM   #4
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Who Cooks View Post
You really get me! Here I am up late and it turned 22nd just an hour ago. I'm still digesting dinner of the 21st! I haven't even had time to get indigestion yet!

I just don't know. Maybe you can tell me what I'm having tonight. I still have 18 hours to decide.

If the last week is any indication I may be having jalapeno poppers as an appetizer. I've made them about 4 days out of the last week, perfecting the technique. Tonight I served them to my neighbors instead of shooting them. (I mean shooting photographically, and I mean the poppers, not my neighbors! It's kind of amusing when you think about it...)

Another topic tempts me to have shumai as the appetizer. (Flash fry/steam them right from the freezer in 50/50 mixture of rice vinegar and soy sauce, then serve them with the pan juices over as a sauce.)

I'm trying to decide dinner (just for this topic) even though it's 18 hours away... Had fish tonight, strike fish, had steak last night, strike beef, hmmm... kind of looks like a good night for chicken, eh? Maybe barbecued, maybe with chili corn?

Chili corn recipe (short version): Pick one: barbecue or microwave. Husk the corn and butter it, then sprinkle it with chili powder. If barbecue, wrap in aluminum foil and cook on your grill for 10-15 minutes, turning them occasionally. If microwave, nuke them for 2-3 minutes, maybe more depending on how many ears you have. (Ears of corn, we all have 2 ears on our heads, or at least we start out that way...)

No, really, chicken sounds like a good idea. I'll report back when I have more info. Maybe I'll even shoot my chicken. Photographically.
It was 8:30 am when I posted
You're cracking me up! Atleast South Africa is ahead with time since we're so far behind with everything else

How about a nice grilled steak to go with the Jalapeno poppers. Maybe a nice rib eye or sirloin
Sorry, can't get excited about chicken, can't stand chicken
Or chicken fried steak!
Sure whatever you make will be great! Unless it's chicken

Old 10-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
Wine Guy

The chicken I took out of the freezer last night is still hard as a rock, so we'll probably go out tonight. Mrs. K has a craving for the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday's, so maybe that.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
Master Chef

Just finished dinner :) Thanks Kades, your chicken recipe was lovely with the pork chops! Family enjoyed it too :)

Old 10-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
We will be having shepherd's pie, made with some of the leftover lamb from yesterday. I'll probably make a salad and vinaigrette to go with that. I'm making some lamb stock right now for the gravy.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #8
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
We will be having shepherd's pie, made with some of the leftover lamb from yesterday. I'll probably make a salad and vinaigrette to go with that. I'm making some lamb stock right now for the gravy.
I love shepherd's pie

Old 10-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Tasso Pasta.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #10
Master Chef

I'm thinking maybe I'll make spaghetti. We didn't have it last week so now I'm craving it! Spaghetti is something we all like and can eat often so it usually gets made once a week.

Tags
dinner