What's for Dinner? Monday 22nd of October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Making Kadesma's Crumby Chicken tonight (with pork chops intead of chicken) and a crispy salad on the side. I'll see what salad greens they have that look fresh when I go shopping later :yum:

You really get me! Here I am up late and it turned 22nd just an hour ago. I'm still digesting dinner of the 21st! I haven't even had time to get indigestion yet! :D

I just don't know. Maybe you can tell me what I'm having tonight. I still have 18 hours to decide. :)

If the last week is any indication I may be having jalapeno poppers as an appetizer. I've made them about 4 days out of the last week, perfecting the technique. Tonight I served them to my neighbors instead of shooting them. (I mean shooting photographically, and I mean the poppers, not my neighbors! It's kind of amusing when you think about it...)

Another topic tempts me to have shumai as the appetizer. (Flash fry/steam them right from the freezer in 50/50 mixture of rice vinegar and soy sauce, then serve them with the pan juices over as a sauce.)

I'm trying to decide dinner (just for this topic) even though it's 18 hours away... Had fish tonight, strike fish, had steak last night, strike beef, hmmm... kind of looks like a good night for chicken, eh? Maybe barbecued, maybe with chili corn?

Chili corn recipe (short version): Pick one: barbecue or microwave. Husk the corn and butter it, then sprinkle it with chili powder. If barbecue, wrap in aluminum foil and cook on your grill for 10-15 minutes, turning them occasionally. If microwave, nuke them for 2-3 minutes, maybe more depending on how many ears you have. (Ears of corn, we all have 2 ears on our heads, or at least we start out that way...)

No, really, chicken sounds like a good idea. I'll report back when I have more info. Maybe I'll even shoot my chicken. Photographically. ;)

Last edited:
You really get me! Here I am up late and it turned 22nd just an hour ago. I'm still digesting dinner of the 21st! I haven't even had time to get indigestion yet! :D

I just don't know. Maybe you can tell me what I'm having tonight. I still have 18 hours to decide. :)

If the last week is any indication I may be having jalapeno poppers as an appetizer. I've made them about 4 days out of the last week, perfecting the technique. Tonight I served them to my neighbors instead of shooting them. (I mean shooting photographically, and I mean the poppers, not my neighbors! It's kind of amusing when you think about it...)

Another topic tempts me to have shumai as the appetizer. (Flash fry/steam them right from the freezer in 50/50 mixture of rice vinegar and soy sauce, then serve them with the pan juices over as a sauce.)

I'm trying to decide dinner (just for this topic) even though it's 18 hours away... Had fish tonight, strike fish, had steak last night, strike beef, hmmm... kind of looks like a good night for chicken, eh? Maybe barbecued, maybe with chili corn?

Chili corn recipe (short version): Pick one: barbecue or microwave. Husk the corn and butter it, then sprinkle it with chili powder. If barbecue, wrap in aluminum foil and cook on your grill for 10-15 minutes, turning them occasionally. If microwave, nuke them for 2-3 minutes, maybe more depending on how many ears you have. (Ears of corn, we all have 2 ears on our heads, or at least we start out that way...)

No, really, chicken sounds like a good idea. I'll report back when I have more info. Maybe I'll even shoot my chicken. Photographically.

It was 8:30 am when I posted :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
You're cracking me up! Atleast South Africa is ahead with time since we're so far behind with everything else :ohmy:

How about a nice grilled steak to go with the Jalapeno poppers. Maybe a nice rib eye or sirloin :yum:
Sorry, can't get excited about chicken, can't stand chicken :(
Or chicken fried steak!
Sure whatever you make will be great! Unless it's chicken :angel:

The chicken I took out of the freezer last night is still hard as a rock, so we'll probably go out tonight. Mrs. K has a craving for the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday's, so maybe that.

We will be having shepherd's pie, made with some of the leftover lamb from yesterday. I'll probably make a salad and vinaigrette to go with that. I'm making some lamb stock right now for the gravy.

I'm thinking maybe I'll make spaghetti. We didn't have it last week so now I'm craving it! Spaghetti is something we all like and can eat often so it usually gets made once a week.

Prepping for dinner! Grilled rum infused steak, topped with fresh grilled pineapples and lobster tail.

Attachments

• SAM_1232.jpg
    SAM_1232.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 184
Fried chicken livers on a bed of salad. This is something I had at a French restaurant in old Orlando (Park Avenue) many years ago and became a favorite for us.

There is still plenty of bowls of vegetable soup in the freezer so I just pulled the one that I think says Monday on it to thaw a little before heating. Will see if I chose the right one.

Pan seared chicken breasts seasoned w/ garlic & basil....(I'm a sucka for basil - I put it on everything...lol).
Kale simmered w/ a smoked chicken wing drummette for flavor.
&
Baked sweet potatoes.

Fried chicken livers on a bed of salad. This is something I had at a French restaurant in old Orlando (Park Avenue) many years ago and became a favorite for us.

Oh Yum!!!! I want some :pig: I love chicken livers, the only part of the chicken I still eat :LOL: Hubby doesn't touch them so I hardly ever make it anymore. Sounds really good Claire :)

Last night we made a recipe called Chicken Larb, which is basically chicken mince flavoured with curry paste and bits and pieces and served with salad...it was lovely and will certainly be having again :)

Pan seared chicken breasts seasoned w/ garlic & basil....(I'm a sucka for basil - I put it on everything...lol).
Kale simmered w/ a smoked chicken wing drummette for flavor.
&
Baked sweet potatoes.

That sounds lovely Trycar :yum:

Back
Top Bottom