What's for dinner? Monday, 3-30-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I think I'm going to fire up the Weber and grill a couple of burgers. One for this afternoon and one for tomorrow. I don't want to waste the wood chips on just one.

Either a salad or roasted sweet potato wedges will accompany. If I REALLY get ambitious, I'm going to give powerplant's pretzel hamburger buns a try. :yum:

What's on your plate today? :chef:

Last edited:
Made 3 HUGE bunches of broccoli rabe (cooked down to hardly anything LOL)

Planning to do chicken and veggie stir fry side of jasmine rice for dinner.

I didn't shop so had what I call a "cupboard" meal.....spaghetti with butter, crushed garlic and lots of finely grated organic parmesan. Enjoyed it but would have liked to have had some chopped parsley with it.

I think I'm going to fire up the Weber and grill a couple of burgers. One for this afternoon and one for tomorrow. I don't want to waste the wood chips on just one.

Either a salad or roasted sweet potato wedges will accompany. If I REALLY get ambitious, I'm going to give powerplant's pretzel hamburger buns a try. :yum:

What's on your plate today? :chef:

Cheryl,

I saw this and thought of you!

Looks like it might be a fun way to introduce kids to sweet potatoes.

Pull-Apart Sweet Potato Fries | Make the Best of Everything

I'm making this recipe for Asian-Style Boneless Beef Short Ribs from Cook's Illustrated generously provided by Silversage.

Gonna make it without a pressure cooker.

We like this recipe. I need to make a couple of adjustments to accommodate my not using a pressure cooker but otherwise it was really good. I really like short ribs.

Attachments

• DSC04855.jpg
    DSC04855.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 193
Breakfast for dinner. Biscuits and gravy (with enough leftover for regular breakfast time tomorrow.). Eggs and fried taters. Homemade blueberry jam on a biscuit for dessert.

Last edited:
Andy, that looks good. I love short ribs too, and don't have them often enough. :yum:

Last edited:
I grilled a couple of burgers on the Weber this afternoon, and used powerplant's pretzel bun recipe. You can't see much of them in this pic, but the buns were VERY good. :yum: Not nearly as pretty as powerplant's - I'll put up my pics in his thread. :ermm::ROFLMAO:

The patties didn't shrink as much as I thought they would, and the buns were tall, so I had to cut this burger into fourths to be able to eat it. :LOL:

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 141
Nice looking dinners Andy and Cheryl!

Rock, good to see you back here again!

With all the pizza talk at DC lately, I made Naan bread pizzas. Himself's was topped with turkey pepperoni, chicken sausage, red onions, and cremini mushrooms. Mine had black olives, chicken, cremini, fresh spinach, and tomato. Impossible to see all of that under the snowy covering of mozz cheese, though. When the pizza came out of the oven I didn't think of taking a pic because it smelled so good! I made romaine salads topped with bacon, egg, green salad olives and tomatoes, topped with a bit of ricotta salata cheese.

We did have a half-pizza a piece left, so supper later this week too.

Attachments

• 2015-03-30 20.51.31.jpg
    2015-03-30 20.51.31.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 142
Back
Top Bottom