"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 03-06-2017, 07:38 PM   #11
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
Haven't done cod in a lot of years, and now I remember why. We're used to stronger tasting fish like sword an salmon. It was topped with garlic, lemon zest, bread crumbs, etc., but still not much flavor.

I also learned that you shouldn't put ravioli in the fridge without a layer of wax paper between layers. I made a batch of ravioli, but put it in the fridge piled atop one another. They were pretty well stuck together. The moisture from the filling made things pretty wet. I'll know better next time.
Put them on trays and freeze them, then put the frozen raviolis in bags, and back in the freezer. If they are frozen before you put them all together, they won't stick together enough to be a problem.

I am posting this from La Gloria "Street Foods of Mexico" in San Antonio Airport. I had tacos al pastor, and they were good. They put diced pineapple on them. Alone, the sweet didn't work, but dipped their spicy salsa verde, the balance of sweet and heat was very nice.

Best part, they were 7-bucks for three, which is amazing for airport food. I'm sure the cocktail will be double that, so it will still be an expensive meal.

CD

Old 03-06-2017, 08:10 PM   #12
Wine Guy

Baked Chicken and some Cukes.

Old 03-06-2017, 08:15 PM   #13
Head Chef

Finishing off the bacon potato cheese soup I made the other day, along with the rest of the baguette.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:39 AM   #14
Master Chef

Ran hither and yon all day long. I got home at half past late. Not having a hubby who cooks, I pulled out the little bit of last night's soup; we split that. I also brought the fixin's for panini, so we had those. Finished the homemade chocolate pudding I made yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
Haven't done cod in a lot of years, and now I remember why. We're used to stronger tasting fish like sword an salmon. It was topped with garlic, lemon zest, bread crumbs, etc., but still not much flavor.

I also learned that you shouldn't put ravioli in the fridge without a layer of wax paper between layers. I made a batch of ravioli, but put it in the fridge piled atop one another. They were pretty well stuck together. The moisture from the filling made things pretty wet. I'll know better next time.
We like milder fish, but a friend shared this recipe on Facebook which might appeal to you. Looks tasty, even if it is cod.

My Mom learned the same "raw dough" lesson you did, only with dozens and dozens of pierogi. She had made about six dozen, all kinds: sauerkraut, prune, sweet cheese, potato and onion... Boiled/fried some up for supper that night, and put the rest into a big Tubberware tub, stacked on top of each other, side-by-side. When she went to take them from the fridge, she found one big pierogi. Ended up tossing it.

"A dream is a festival of lights within your mind."~~~Joan Walsh Anglund
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:53 AM   #15
Head Chef

Follow up post... The three tacos I had were actually 7-bucks, and the cocktail was actually 13-bucks.

CD
Old 03-07-2017, 01:14 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

The Elders had pork chops (cooking in the pressure cooker), wild rice, french-style green beans. Dad had a side salad, Mom had cantaloupe. I just had cantaloupe. I had my big meal for breakfast, so wasn't hungry.
Old 03-07-2017, 03:17 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

I made chicken schnitzel and spšetzle with caramelized onion gravy, along with a baked veggie fusion of French-style green beans and Italian sweet and sour pickled bell peppers with Penzeys Fox Point seasoning. Really good Click image for larger version

Name:	0306171954b_HDR.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	26356
Old 03-07-2017, 05:05 AM   #18
Head Chef

My husband made me cheese and bacon burger with pork mince. I think it tasted good, cause all I can taste is salt, sour and that is it.

Tags
dinner