What's for dinner, Monday 30th April?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
I'm undecided. I had planned, predicatbly, another salad, but the weather is breaking now (lovely rumbly thunder but no rain yet!) and I think DH and I may be wanting comfort food today. I might make some filled pasta as its still warm. Its this kind of thing I find hard, comfort food for WARM weather. In the summer you're not meant to need comfort! :ROFLMAO:

it doesn`t really have a Name, but essentialy it`s, Bacon cut into 2cm peices and then fried with diced onion.
to that you add freshly boiled potatoes while still very hot and a handfull of grated cheese and an avocado, some white pepper and a dash of Worcester sauce, and then mash it all together, push this mix into individual high walled pie tins, grate some more cheese ontop, and put a few slices of fresh tomatoe on that.

bake in the oven on medium heat until done (the cheese melts golden).

YT, that sounds really good!

We're having eggplant parmesan and pasta. Leftover birthday cake for dessert. The thing was so big we'll be eating it for awhile, which is fine by me!:)

Potroast ala crockpot. The sun is peeking out now so I am wishing I had planned something on the grill.

YT, Wow that sounds rather unique. Cool!

I'm making veal parm. Trying to use up some of the homemade pasta sauce I made recently. Although I do freeze it in individual containors.

I'm not that big into veal and don't have a lot of experience cooking it. I'm an expert chix cooker though "lol". But no really, the cuts of veal are very very thin. The butcher at the market told me to fry them in a little bit of oil for only a minute on each side and to make sure my sauce is warm before putting it all together in the oven. I'm guessing 350 degress maybe 10 minutes at the most.

I'm in the mood for some bbq pork chops so thats what we'll be having along with some grilled veggies and mac & cheese.

I made a borlotti bean sauce that I poured over steamed kale and green beans on a bed of brown rice. Couple cherry tomatoes in there too!

Going to put a beef roast in the oven this afternoon. For a change I think I will make some fried potatoes to go with it. (I love to put gravy on fried potatoes). For a vegetable I think it will be sliced cooked carrots.

Bourbon (or maybe Rye)

Fried Chicken

Butter beans (from the freezer)

Cream style corn..(from the freezer)

Rice and gravy (butter for those who prefer)

Corn bread. No Sugar:-p

Left over cheese cake

Bourbon

:sleep: Zzzzz Zzzzzzz

Have some really nice french rolls, so we are having Italian hero's:LOL: Salami, mortadella, provolone, shredded lettuce with oil and vinegar, sliced tomatoes, pepperoncinis,thin sliced vidalias, some potatoe salad, and sliced watermelon and cantaloupe...No dessert we have fixings for sundaes if anyone is feeling a sweet twinge coming on.:LOL:

kadesma, being lazy today...

I bought a rotisserie chicken on the way home from the gym. I have a meeting tonight and oral surgery tomorrow so I'm not in the mood to cook and make a mess. We will probably have a salad with the chicken.

Simple pan-roasted bone-in pork chops with an Italian side dish of cannellini beans cooked with garlic, parmesan and escarole. Does anyone know the name of that dish? I've had it several time when eating out, but can't remember what they call it. Lemon curd on pound cake for dessert.

Flourgirl said:
...an Italian side dish of cannellini beans cooked with garlic, parmesan and escarole. Does anyone know the name of that dish?

In English, it's called beans and greens.

In Italian, it's called Minestra (pronounce it Min-ASH'-tra).

well mine turned out well, although a tip for anyone trying to make it themselves it when you load the tins for oven cooking, make sure the mix is very Dry, drier than ordinary mash.
when it`s cooked the moisure is all released properly and the dish is correct consistancy then :)

Don`t load the tins with what seems like the right consistancy for mashed potatoes, else it will become too liquid when cooked.

Back
Top Bottom