What's For Dinner, Monday 4th February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had leftovers from yesterday's roast in french-dippers w/ potatoes and carrots (also leftovers) on the side.

I can't see the picture :(

Strange, MsM. Maybe on a related note: When I go to enlarge your meal pics on iPad, I get an error message, but when I go to the regular site, there your pics are in all their glory. :huh:

First try at homemade BBQ Chinese spare ribs and beef lo mein. Both turned out great!!

Homemade Beef Lo Mein and BBQ Spare Ribs

img_1236190_0_720e4423d546edcc910cf229af146c13.jpg

That looks fabulous MM, great job :)

Strange, MsM. Maybe on a related note: When I go to enlarge your meal pics on iPad, I get an error message, but when I go to the regular site, there your pics are in all their glory. :huh:

Hmm I have the same problem with MsM's pics on my IPhone (this didn't used to happen). But I can enlarge them if someone else quotes them first. Weird........ I always enjoy MsM's pics ;)

We had leftover spaghetti tonight, I worked late :(

you know, msm, your special emphasis on various asian dishes in recent weeks, has swept me right along with it. i love watching the parade of delicious looking
chinese meals you are turning out. the reddened bbq'd meats, like tonight's ribs, big YUM! one success after another-the delicate beauty of your wonton soup, the golden egg rolls and fried wontons, stir fries with rice and lo mein--all bright and lovely, msm.

Pan fried burgers for National burger day with fried onions and dill pickles. Toased homemade whole wheat buns ( leftover and sent home from the super-bowl yesterday), garlic mayo on the buns. Doctored up can o' baked beans along side. I had way too much caffeine yesterday, didn't sleep well. A nice cuppa chamomile tea after dinner to make sure I sleep all night. Don't know if it works or if I just think it relaxes. Whichever.

Yum! That sounds tasty :)

you know, msm, your special emphasis on various asian dishes in recent weeks, has swept me right along with it. i love watching the parade of delicious looking
chinese meals you are turning out. the reddened bbq'd meats, like tonight's ribs, big YUM! one success after another-the delicate beauty of your wonton soup, the golden egg rolls and fried wontons, stir fries with rice and lo mein--all bright and lovely, msm.
Thank you so much Vit.
I have been so disappointed by Chinese take-out since my favorite place closed. Had gone there since I was 11 years old no matter where or how far away I lived I always went there for take-out. Even when I moved out of state. So I decided to give Asian cooking a try. Mine isn't as good but it is close. I wish I could make a good lobster sauce. And I still need to give egg fu young a try.

where was the now defunct chinese take out, mofet?

btw, i checked to see if the attachment was still there, and i could see it from a couple of different handheld devices and internet domains at work. not sure why you can't see it, but here's the link: Pipette - Barilla

btw, i checked to see if the attachment was still there, and i could see it from a couple of different handheld devices and internet domains at work. not sure why you can't see it, but here's the link: Pipette - Barilla
Joy Hing on Main St in Hackensack. It was a couple stores down from B&W Bakery and Dweet's Bar. Packard Bamberger's Superarket was behind them (now it is Target).

This is what I see

img_1236305_0_935b7bf5fe2517965f213e53122691f8.jpg

i think i remember joy hing. never ate there though.

like we need another target. :glare:

i don't know what to say about the attachment, but that was the name as i copied the picture from the website to my desktop, then attached it. maybe it was a copyright thing, but i did give barilla credit and supplied the link. oh well.

i think i remember joy hing. never ate there though.

like we need another target. :glare:

i don't know what to say about the attachment, but that was the name as i copied the picture from the website to my desktop, then attached it. maybe it was a copyright thing, but i did give barilla credit and supplied the link. oh well.
Maybe it's a browser thing? I use FF and see it fine.

It might be because the graphic is in PNG format. Not all browsers support it.

Last edited:
Mind sharing your recipe for the BBQ Chinese Spare Ribs? They look delicious.
Thank you.

I picked up a package of cut up Spare Ribs at the Asian market and this is what I did:

2 TBSP Hoisin sauce
1 tsp Ah-So sauce

Combine sauces in bowl and mix well

Pre-heat oven: convection roast 350°F
Coat ribs with sauce
Place on foil lined tray
Roast uncovered 30 minutes
Turn ribs and cover tray with foil
Roast covered 20 minutes (Check internal temperature - should be 145°F)

Back
Top Bottom