What's for dinner? Monday 8-29-16

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...Grains of Heaven - something Himself was interested in trying after seeing it on Alton Brown's "Good Eats" a while back.
You mean grains of paradise, right? As I recall, it was from the episode where Alton made lentil soup.

I have a packet that I bought myself after seeing that episode. I haven't found a lot of things to use it in, but I do make up a pepper blend that I keep in one of the grinders. It has telicherry, long pepper, grains of paradise, and a few others. I like it on steak!

Your tortilla wraps look fantastic!

Last edited:
Those rib eye steaks are once again too thin to do them rare on the gas grill, so I've decided to slice them into thick strips and string them tightly on picks like I did the rare flank steak recently. I think that will work if I'm fast at turning them. I'll still grill the bones though for beef stock later. My darling SousChef has promised to never again buy skinny rib eyes. ;):rolleyes:

Oh baby, that was a great save! Tender morsels of rib eye on picks cooked to rare perfection. Dang, it's great when an idea really works out. :clap:

img_1478161_0_c4e53a3d6e584651b8442b69546b52de.jpg

Steve, those peppers are beautiful!

CG, wow - gorgeous.

Kayelle - good thinking!

I made a mini caprese salad for DH (I had mine with lunch), so I diced up the rest of the tomato for me. Good stuff.

Attachments

• 1472528535449.jpg
    1472528535449.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 76
Grilled rib eye and yes, I like it on the rare side :yum:, with steamed broccoli and carrots on the side. Not the greatest pic, but boy was it ever good. Leftovers manana. :)

Attachments

• grilled rib eye and veggies.jpg
    grilled rib eye and veggies.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 76
Mmm...more pretty dinners. ~ Thanks, GG, it tasted as good as it looked. :yum:

...tomatoes dusted with Portuguese sea salt and Grains of Heaven...

You mean grains of paradise, right?...Your tortilla wraps look fantastic!...
Heaven, Paradise...all depends on which version of the Bible you have, I guess. ;) I crack them a bit in my mortar and pestle, then sprinkle. Works for me.

BTW, there is enough steak and fixin's for one more fajita. You know, if you'll be in the neighborhood in the next 18 hours or so...

The pasta is a organic Children's pasta which I found in the store here in Sweden, I think European because it has 7 other languages on it too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom