What's For Dinner, Monday 8th July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking pasta with eggplant and tomatoes. I learned this dish recently from my wife's very distant cousin but wasn't happy with my first attempt. I'll bake some bread and make a salad. Maybe some bruschetta.

I'm grilling/smoking some chicken breasts and thighs for dinner tonight along with corn on the cob and pasta salad.

I've a similar menu to Andy's but not sure yet how the chicken will be cooked. I'm thinking baked since I can throw it in the oven and get some other stuff done while it's cooking. Maybe throw some BBQ sauce on it. Sweet corn on the side. Don't think I'll bother with anything else. I have some butter beans fresh from the market but I think I'll do them up tomorrow when it will be just me for dinner. Nobody else in the family likes them.

I'm grilling bone in chicken breasts, thick sliced zucchini and there is a bowl of summer pickles I made earlier today for them to marinate. Watermelon for later.

I have pizza dough on the counter from the freezer that is taking its own sweet time getting ready.

I went grocery shopping today and got a deal on thick-cut pork chops that were nearing the sell-by date. I'll probably pan-fry them with some kind of sauce. Don't know what yet. Haven't decided on a starch yet, either. So, so far, pork chops ;)

Snacking

I'm having the other half of my PB+J sandwich I made for lunch. I had a sweet tooth, so I got some chocolate covered donuts from the vending machine. I still might make a quesadilla. I'm also cleaning. So I feel really lazy about dinner.

Today is not very healthy dinner. I did have a wonderful salad with lunch

Last edited:
How do you freeze your pizza dough?

I typically use a freezer. :LOL:

After the first rise when I make dough balls I stick the extras in individual bags and freeze it.

When I want to use it I put it on a floured counter and cover it. The thaw and rise usually takes about 4ish hours.

Used a new-to-me marinade recipe on a chunk of London Broil, hoping to have enough left for a stir-fry later this week. Baked a couple Idahos with oil and a coating of an applewood smoked salt/fresh ground tri-color pepper. Boy were they fluffy! :yum: Broiled a tomato cut in half and topped with olive oil and fresh basil, then added some Fontina cheese and broiled again to melt the cheese. Made a big salad instead of small salad and veggie; we still have a small portion left. Dessert will be the rest of the fruit salad with a bit of ice cream. Feeling a little :pig:.

I did breaded turkey cutlets (gluten free panko) with salad and TB had rice for our main meal at lunch.

TB has his sandwiches and I munched on some macaroni salad for the "evening meal". It has GF noodles, lactose free cheese, no egg/soy mayo plus some veggies, salt, pepper and fresh parsley and chives in it. I know it sounds horrible, but is actually better than some regular mac and cheese salads! ;)

Kylie, you're dispicable!:LOL: Karen made your butter chicken last night. After dinner, I kept finding myself, spoon in hand, dipping into the leftovers everytime I went into the kitchen!:yum: I had some for breakfast this morning.:ohmy: You're to blame for my inability to stop eating it!:pig:

Kylie, you're dispicable!:LOL: Karen made your butter chicken last night. After dinner, I kept finding myself, spoon in hand, dipping into the leftovers everytime I went into the kitchen!:yum: I had some for breakfast this morning.:ohmy: You're to blame for my inability to stop eating it!:pig:

Craig, I am so pleased you like it :)

I must admit I have not had it fro breakfast, you have given me ideas :LOL:

Which one did you have Craig, the one from Taste or Jimmy's Butter Chicken?

Last edited:
Whatever the #1 option was. I had what Craig left for my brunch. I looked up a recipe for poppadoms and went by Whole Foods to get the chickpea flour. They came out good too.

Ah yes, the Taste Butter Chicken, that one certainly is a winner :)

Good to hear the pappadoms worked out well Medtran, they sound nice :)

Back
Top Bottom