What's for dinner? Monday, 9-21-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
Big loaded up salad for sure, and I might grill a steak. I found a nice small ribeye at the grocery store today, just right for dinner for one. :)

What's everyone having today? :chef:

I was going to grill a steak as well Cheryl J, but the weather really socked in today...who said that the Monsoon is done?

So, I had some homemade Italian Bread left
006.JPG
[isn't that the funniest lookin' bread you ever did see?]
and some tomatoes and fresh basil... Bruschetta to start and then we'll finish off that last pan of lasagna.
Like DH said, "I can eat pasta everyday, for every meal"
Simple pleasures for a simple man :) gotta love `em

I was going to grill a steak as well Cheryl J, but the weather really socked in today...who said that the Monsoon is done?

So, I had some homemade Italian Bread left
View attachment 23500
[isn't that the funniest lookin' bread you ever did see?]
and some tomatoes and fresh basil... Bruschetta to start and then we'll finish off that last pan of lasagna.
Like DH said, "I can eat pasta everyday, for every meal"
Simple pleasures for a simple man :) gotta love `em

Looks good to me!

Mahalos, thanks S&P.
I made a recipe that my SIL gave me that was suppose to make two loafs of bread.
Well, they where too long to fit on my sheet pan.
I THOUGHT that I could just cut each in half and be good to go.
OOPS! :blush:
They look like trumpets...
Next time I'll cut the dough into four and THEN roll it out :rolleyes:

I made pan seared boneless chicken breasts with canned crushed pineapple/serrano salsa along with some rice and a sliced tomato.

Chicken noodle soup from yesterday here.

Nothing wrong with that bread, K-girl!

Really good looking bread, kgirl! :yum:

I ended up grilling after all. It wasn't exactly the thickest ribeye I've ever seen, I almost burnt the garlic toast, and took a few bites before I remembered to take a blurry pic. :LOL: But it was delicious. :yum: I couldn't quite finish it, so I'll have the rest of it tomorrow morning with a fried egg.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
We had convection roasted oven chicken wings at 450 degrees that were marinated in an Asian spicy sauce, and cooked on a rack for 25 min. They turned out beautifully chard to perfection. Those delectable big wings were actually on sale for $1.25lb. They were half price on the last "sell by" date so the SC bought all they had and we processed and froze them. What a deal!

I normally do them on the grill but this dang bad knee kept me off the stairs and out of the yard..grrr. I love that convection roast setting on my new stove, and I have to remember this for the the winter when it will (please) be raining! SC did great green salads, and he had a baked potato.

Last edited:
One of the salad ingredients was a beautiful tomato fresh from the garden. We only have one plant and it is 7 feet high!Fortunately, the other plant died, or we would be up to our ears in tomatoes!
The variety is Celebrity, and it was put in the ground in late February as a one gallon plant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom