What's for Dinner Monday April 11, 2011?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hit the spot.

Attachments

• bratenpeeps.jpg
    bratenpeeps.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 179
Yeah, but imagine how good the leftovers will taste tomorrow.

I know! I couldn't help myself and ate a lukewarm sausage tonight after I was through with my plate. Looking forward to it tomorrow :chef:

That sounds great, Patty. I plan on fixing myself a burger, sans bun, tomorrow, but it took me a couple days to finally grill these brats :rolleyes:
That's the plan though.

Pan fried Italian sweet sausage, green bell peppers and onions sautéed in the sausage dripping (EVOO, ground Sea Salt, Ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes and sliced fresh garlic) and mashed potatoes (butter, chives, ground Sea Salt, Ground peppercorns, sour cream and fat free ½ & ½).

img_989455_0_1e26706239876a009d8748ec74a7d5dd.jpg

Last edited:
pan fried cod (cracker meal--gets nice and crispy) kale with bacon. Made lentil soup for later in the week.

good to see you again, robo. still teaching?

your dinner sounds good. i haven't had good cod in a while. atalantic or pacific?

and kale, yum.

dw roasted a sea salt, pepper, and lemon chicken. sides were corn on the cob and stuffing.

That looks yummy.

Got a recipe for that carbonnade de boeuf?

Sure.
2lb eye of round, sliced thin, pounded, dredged in flour
brown on both sides in olive oil, remove and keep warm.
Add, shallots, onions, garlic, mushrooms, fry for a few minutes
Add half cup beer(you could use red wine here also) scrape pan. Add quarter cup tomato juice/or a tblsp paste, 1 can of beef consumme, bay leaf, pinch allspice, thyme, pepper, parsley. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. When finished, if gravy is too thin, just add 1tblsp of flour mixed with a bit of water and stir into pan. mix well and let simmer for another 5 minutes or so. Done

Last edited:
Sure.
2lb eye of round, sliced thin, pounded, dredged in flour
brown on both sides in olive oil, remove and keep warm.
Add, shallots, onions, garlic, mushrooms, fry for a few minutes
Add half cup beer(you could use red wine here also) scrape pan. Add quarter cup tomato juice/or a tblsp paste, 1 can of beef consumme, bay leaf, pinch allspice, thyme, pepper, parsley. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. When finished, if gravy is too thin, just add 1tblsp of flour mixed with a bit of water and stir into pan. mix well and let simmer for another 5 minutes or so. Done

Thank you. Copied and pasted. I have some flat beer in the fridge that I was saving for cooking.

Thank you. Copied and pasted. I have some flat beer in the fridge that I was saving for cooking.

Normally the recipe calls for rump roast, but I use whatever I have. I just happened to have brought home a eye of round roast and was cutting it up for the freezer, so that is what I used. I also added the mushrooms because I like them. The classic recipe does not call for them. And as far as using red wine, the recipe is for beer, but it also works well with wine. Good eats!

Normally the recipe calls for rump roast, but I use whatever I have. I just happened to have brought home a eye of round roast and was cutting it up for the freezer, so that is what I used. I also added the mushrooms because I like them. The classic recipe does not call for them. And as far as using red wine, the recipe is for beer, but it also works well with wine. Good eats!

I googled "carbonnade de boeuf" and noticed that your mushrooms seemed to be an extra. I like the idea of adding the 'shrooms. I had never heard of it before.

Oh man, those cajun "cabbage rolls" came out better than expected. That will be one to become a regular!;)

Craig

Back
Top Bottom