Whats For Dinner Monday, April 13th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicholas Mosher

Sous Chef
Slow-cooked Bolognese sauce, broken up mafalde pasta, and parmesan cheese.

Green salad with a homemade caesar dressing.

Oreo & Kahlua parfaits - whipped cream with some Kahlua and crushed Oreos folded in... mmmmm... :pig:

I'm making enough bolognese to last us a few days.

We are going out with my family today for our Easter meal. It will actually be a brunch because DH has to go to work. For a light dinner later for Dad and me, I am planning toasted ham & Swiss cheese sandwiches with salad. We have lots of yummy ham left from yesterday!

Never did cook my turkey yesterday. Instead I had the "pleasure" of feeling bad and throwing up all afternoon. Went to bed at 8 p.m., which is waaaay early for me. Wasn't in much of a mood to face a turkey.

Feeling better today, so the bird gets cooked.

easter left overs for dinner. maybe leftover asparagus in an omelet for lunch.

Never did cook my turkey yesterday. Instead I had the "pleasure" of feeling bad and throwing up all afternoon. Went to bed at 8 p.m., which is waaaay early for me. Wasn't in much of a mood to face a turkey.

Feeling better today, so the bird gets cooked.
i hope you feel better soon. we are also sick to different degrees (or stages of whatever this stinky thing is) here. i have it in my achy ears, stuffy nose and very sore throat at the moment and a nasty vertigo when i move my head. lying down seems to make it worse.

hope you are feeling better Katie E.:)

I will finish up with an experiment I started a few days ago. I made 6 smallish pizza crusts; filled, baked and ate three of them, and partially baked off the other three of them. They kinda bubbled up a bit and I am not sure they will easily hold much filling without sliding off:wacko:.

So I plan on baking off three pizzas with sauce, chevon sausage and mozzarella cheese tonight.

And I think I have finally found my calling in life:rolleyes:...as a mozzarella cheese maker..I am finishing off my second cheese of the season and it is looking pretty good

I have a package of chicken thighs that I hope to transform into a tasty dish with some rice and a saute pan.

I spent so much time yesterday holding hands with that fool ham, I refuse to open the refrigerator door in the garage where he is residing..So tonight,I'm making a recipe I saw Guy make on big bite..Flank steak is now in it's bath simmering, will shred when done, cool, refrigerate, then put it over romaine, avocado, croutons, grape tomatoes , red onion rings, with an evoo,lime juice, a little cumin,salt and pepper, maybe a touch of honey, will have some hot Italian or French bread.. Saved several brownies for DH from yesterday and that is our dinner.
kadesma;)

We have leftover pork crown roast from yesterday so I think I will make a barbecue sauce, heat the macaroni and cheese and veggies. We have leftover desserts too. Some who were coming for Easter didn't get here due to one of them having kidney stones and having to spend the night in the hospital, so we have oodles of leftovers.

I hope you feel better, Katie! I wasn't feeling that good yesterday, either.... missed church in the morning and home from work today... just awful run-down feeling. Dinner made me feel alittle better last night, but was icky again this morning...suffering from an awful nervous stomach. The coffee I made Mark this morning smelled so good, but didn't get near it with a ten ft. pole.

Anyway, we are having Sausage and Egg Biscuit Bake from Pillsbury.com. I don't have mushrooms or red bell pepper, but it should still be good. With that,
will be salads and some vegie.

fried chix, battonet carrot,broccoli & broccoli stem tourne, & squash. we also cooked grilled chix, roast chix with pan gravy, sausage gravy, & chix chasseur. we were supposed to cook roasted garlic potato puree; aw, well.....

i only picked at my food; Chef was being so crabby it took my appetite away.

I'm having a salad of Spring Greens, feta, "candied bacon", and pecans with Balsalmic vinaigrette. DD will be having last night's left overs because she doesn't like Spring Greens.

Thanks everyone. I feel much better. I felt as though I'd been hit by a truck yesterday.

The house is smelling really, really, really good. I put the turkey in about 3 o'clock. Guess you could say I'm having Thank-Christ-Easter dinner. It's a turkey I bought just before Thanksgiving and didn't cook then OR at Christmas. I didn't want to keep it frozen any longer and had planned to have it yesterday. Oh, well. What's a day later?

Have stuffing inside the bird and will make gravy. Also mashed potatoes, buttered peas, homemade cranberry sauce (for Buck, one of his favorites), and homemade potato-yeast rolls (Bucks favorite, too) with whipped butter. That outa do it!

I'll eat for weeks on the leftovers.

Frying Chicken Wangs...
Gonna make some fresh corn bread...
Heat up a pot of greens/roots, and look for a few scraps in the refrigerator.....
Chocolate Ice Cream ........

Frying Chicken Wangs...
Gonna make some fresh corn bread...
Heat up a pot of greens/roots, and look for a few scraps in the refrigerator.....
Chocolate Ice Cream ........

Hey Uncle Bob, it has been awhile! Hope all is well. Do you think you can throw a few of those chicken wings my way? A piece of cornbread too please! :)

Back
Top Bottom