What's for Dinner Monday, April 4?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
These days it is rare that we have company; visitors are all but banned. But tonight we are having some friends over for dinner and uchre. I am fixing a crock pot rotisserie chicken, a whopping 7 1/4 pounder back yard raised chicken, some sweet potatoes are supporting the chicken in the crock pot, need to think about some bread, and carrot cake for break time in the card games. They are bringing a salad.

What's happening for your supper meal?

Last edited:
Gonna try making crab rangoon for the first time. Pork fried rice will round out the meal.

Haven't decided yet. Maybe butternut squash soup. Have some mayo rolls left over from yesterday. Also have some chicken and mushroom sauce.

Beth, I hope you enjoy your company and have fun playing cards. Spending time with special friends is one of the best gifts we have.

My early best guess is grilled shrimp enchiladas with molé.

going to bake or roast? a cornish game hen. it is 80 degrees right now. so will use convection oven on my micro. have done before when didn't want to heat house with oven. comes out great. stuffing, and gravy and broccoli. can't seem to get goodies baked for dessert, to hot. oh well, don't need em anyway.

BBQ Chicken we made on Saturday. Quinoa and zucchini side dish, lettuce/tomato/avocado salad.

My first time to cook and eat Quinoa!!

Probably going to have grilled cheese with the chicken soup I made yesterday. Got a sore throat and sniffles and not much energy.

Monday is curry night at our house. Tonight I'm trying a couple of Anjum Anand's recipes for Bengali dishes: Coconut Prawns, and a Butternut Squash and Chickpea stew.

If it looks good, I'll post a photo.

Baked potatoes with choice of toppings, steamed cauliflower and broccoli, and grilled kielbasa.

I made a chicken broth for the freezer and used the chicken meat in a kind of ala king type dish. I didn't have any sherry so I added a couple of teaspoons of oyster sauce. I really liked it with the oyster sauce. Yummy.

It was ready around 2pm, so I had a couple of bowls then and am not hungry now.

nothing. far too much drama and stress to eat.

i only like to eat when i'm happy and can relax. anyone else like that? stress is the best diet?

i only like to eat when i'm happy and can relax. anyone else like that? stress is the best diet?
I'm sorry to hear this Buckytom. :( I hope the stress goes down soon. Unfortunately, I tend to eat mindlessly when I'm stressed.

Wish I'd opted for the baked tater!! I did NOT like Quinoa... Won't be buying any more of that.......... LOVE baked taters!!!

I had a HoHo (or two) for dessert :mrgreen:

Attachments

• grilled enchiladas.jpg
    grilled enchiladas.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 190

Hope things get better soon. When I'm stressed I got for the comfort foods like pizza, fried chicken, mac n cheese, burgers and fries. Not at all good for my waistline. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom