What's for Dinner Monday April 6?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, supposedly, DH is going to make poached flounder with fresh asparagus and baby new potatoes, seasoned with lemon slices, fresh chopped Italian parsley, S&P and garlic. I got everything out for him, so I guess we'll eat whenever. We both had naps.

Not here. It was macaroni and cheese because we'd maxed out on potatoes with baked potatoes and leek and potato soup over the weekend.
Thinking about pork fried rice for tomorrow so it had to be a noodle :chef:

I wish I would have taken pictures - we made Vietnamese Summer Rolls, had a great salad with an Asian type vinaigrette I made, and an Udon noodle bowl. We go to this really cute Japanese restaurant and the last time I got a noodle bowl I loved the smokey flavor....I figured it out! It's ham base! My udon noodle bowl turned out great! Yea, I'm bragging. It's just been so long since I've actually cooked a meal it was nice to have it all turn out great...and a true family night!

I wish I would have taken pictures - we made Vietnamese Summer Rolls, had a great salad with an Asian type vinaigrette I made, and an Udon noodle bowl. We go to this really cute Japanese restaurant and the last time I got a noodle bowl I loved the smokey flavor....I figured it out! It's ham base! My udon noodle bowl turned out great! Yea, I'm bragging. It's just been so long since I've actually cooked a meal it was nice to have it all turn out great...and a true family night!
so share dem dare reeceepees!! :LOL:

DH made some delicious Raspberry chipotle/BBQ sauce mixture and smothered some chicken with it, baked in for 30 minutes...so delicioso! I made some brown rice, fresh steamed green beans, oven roasted potatoes topped with canned turkey chili and grated cheddar. Home grown papaya slices for dessert. Mmmmmmm....the best I've had in a while!

so share dem dare reeceepees!! :LOL:

The salad dressing was something like:

rice wine vinegar (but it's a marinade/dressing with rice wine and balsamic)
canola oil
soy sauce
sesame oil
squished garlic
lime juice
cilantro
dry mustard
a bit of brown sugar

I think that was all :chef:

For the summer rolls I marinated a skirt steak in pretty much the above except no rice wine vinegar or dry mustard. Cooked about 4-5 minutes per side. Rested, sliced, julienned orange peppers and cucumbers, made carrot ribbons, sliced radishes, bib lettuce, cilantro, fresh limes. Made a sauce with fish sauce, lime juice, garlic chili paste, and another sauce from the marinade that I reduced substantially. We had garlic chili paste and hoisin too.

Any veggie from the bowl that appealed to us got added to our salad. Basically our salads and rolls had the same ingredients (I did add sliced almonds to the salad). When I pointed that out to the boys they were surprised that they were so different but so similar.

The udon noodle bowl had a blend of chicken base and ham base, soy sauce, sesame oil, spring onions, dry sherry, cilantro, and udon noodles. Some added the garlic chili paste to that - you could pick them out 'cause they were sweating! :LOL:

That's as close as I can get to recipes.

Back
Top Bottom