What's for dinner, Monday, April 9, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel terrible!!!! Had a MASSIVE dinner today, went out to eat at an indian restaurant,and everyone went for the buffet, so I did also, prepare to be shocked!!

For starters i had bit of veg pakora, chicken pakora, spicy onion rings, poppadoms with onion chutney, chicken wings, AND fried jalapenos filled with cream cheese!

For mains, I had bit of garlic naan with two kinds of curries, one garlic chilli curry, which was really more my kinda thing cos it was quite hot n spicy, the other was a mild to medium lamb curry

After stuffing all that down, I still went for dessert! lol, dessert menu was really poor, but everyone had something, so couldnt help myself. Had ice cream..3 scooops..1 mint choc, 1 strawberry, and 1 vanilla, all drizzled with strawberry sauce! And had two glasses of irn bru too lol.

I was starving when we got there, and SO full when i left! lol feel like ive ate for 3 people! lol

I set aside several helping of ham, parmesan potatoes, Pa Bakers cranberry,ginger orange sauce, and fruit salad..The left over asparagus, I just now cut into pieces and added it to some sauteed onion, garlic,minced artichokes, marjoram, used butter and evoo to saute them in..After mixing them together I added 2 cups of fresh grated parmesan and 8 eggs that I'd whipped well and popped the whole thing in the oven to bake..It smells wonderful..That will be dinner..Dessert is just some baked apples as yesterdays is long gone:LOL:

kadesma

We had some of our leftover ham also, but dh made ham and eggs. He had wanted that for lunch, but I wanted some of the leftover veggies so he decided to wait til dinner time to do the ham and eggs. I went to the funeral of the mother of a friend this morning and was amazed at all the things this wonderful lady had done in her 90 years. She was certainly a lady of many talents. Hope everyone had a very good Easter. Our family was here so it was a great one for us.

I had a salad(lettuce tomatoes, roasted peppers and marinated artichoke hearts) with ricotta, mozzerella and feta cubes-Boring but, I didn't feel like cooking just for me again.Jimmy is working late, Dennis- I think I forgot to mention has moved out and Kiersten and her boyfriend went back to school last night.Jimmy called and it looks like tomorrow night's dinner will be similar as tonight's *SIGH* Anyway - I hope you all enjoy your dinners!!( I shouldn't complain mine was actually quite tasty!) Love and energy, VIcki

We had steak, baked potatos, salad, and green beans. I added some steak seasoning the green beans and oh man were they tasty !!!

SHAMALICIOUS...I am jealous. I haven't had Indian food since January 7th. I remember because it was my last night in the States. Here in Isla Mujeres, MX, we have (obviously) great Mexican, Italian, Israeli & Chinese but no Indian restaurants. We bring our spices & chutneys but it's so much work & we miss the naan. Enjoy some for us!:)

I had dinner at a Mogolian BBQ restaurant called the Great Wall. It was just OK. The Mongalian BBQ part was good. Lots of veggies and fresh meat cooked very well. But the remainder of the meal was not so good. The soup was bland. I had to add soy sauce to it to give some flavor. My potsticker was dry, but it did have good flavor. And the fried rice was very uninspiring. I knew I should have stuck with my original plan, which was going to Sizzler's or the Macaroni Grill.

Clienta, I am surprisedd.. I thought there was indian restaurants everywhere, I havent been anywhere where there isnt one? There wasnt much choice of naan yesterday! Only plain and garlic, I was hoping there would be a keema one!.. never mind eh, I indulged in everything else to make up for it! lol

Back
Top Bottom