What's for dinner? - Monday, April 9th, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
We had so much food left over from Saturday's Easter dinner. I'm, trying to find some creative ways to use it.

Last night we had Red Beans & Rice. Instead of using Andouille and salt pork to flavor the beans, I used the ham bone and leftover ham. It turned out great.

Tonight's dinner is Lamb and Potato Curry, using leftover meat and roasted potatoes simmered in a tomato based sauce.

There is still some lamb and potatoes left, so I'm thinking tomorrow will be Lamb and Potato Hash, topped with a fried egg.

Hmm... maybe I should have called this the "leftovers thread"? :glare:

What's everyone else's dinner plans for today?

SO's stomach is not feeling up to par. I think I'll put the chili verde on hold and defrost a couple of her chicken dinner pies for tonight.

We are both sick and could use some comfort food, so the ham my friend sent home with us yesterday will come in handy. I will save the bone and some of the meat for beans, but tonight we will have scalloped potatoes with cubes of ham in it. Probably green beans for the vegetable.

Lamb chops rubbed with a mixture of garlic, rosemary and lemon juice.
Oven-baked risotto with asparagus & parmesan cheese.
Lemon Pudding Cake (from the bakery), with fresh sliced strawberries.

There was broccoli and cheese sauce left from dinner yesterday. I'm planning on turning it into soup. I have some white rice from Chinese dinners too that I think I'll throw in the pot. The broccoli is pretty mushy but I have some frozen that I'll dump in the pot as well for the texture. Not sure if I'll do sandwiches or salads with the soup. We'll see what folks want when the time comes.

We are both sick and could use some comfort food, so the ham my friend sent home with us yesterday will come in handy. I will save the bone and some of the meat for beans, but tonight we will have scalloped potatoes with cubes of ham in it. Probably green beans for the vegetable.
I'm doing scalloped potatoes and ham, too. And, I'm one step ahead of you, the bone has already been made into broth...

We had so much food left over from Saturday's Easter dinner. I'm, trying to find some creative ways to use it.

Last night we had Red Beans & Rice. Instead of using Andouille and salt pork to flavor the beans, I used the ham bone and leftover ham. It turned out great.

Tonight's dinner is Lamb and Potato Curry, using leftover meat and roasted potatoes simmered in a tomato based sauce.

There is still some lamb and potatoes left, so I'm thinking tomorrow will be Lamb and Potato Hash, topped with a fried egg.

Hmm... maybe I should have called this the "leftovers thread"? :glare:

Congrats on some really tasty sounding menu's with those leftovers Steve! Your feast looked spectacular by the way.

I think I'll be doing something with chicken thighs but not sure exactly what just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• DSC00529.jpg
    DSC00529.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 141
Grilled cheese with extra sharp cheddar and tomatoes on pumpernickel. Green salad on the side.

Back
Top Bottom