What's for dinner Monday, Aug. 25th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gruyere Puffs with Roasted Garlic-Tomato Sauce • Recipes • Hubert Keller

and Craig's homemade poblano chili pork sausages. The tomato sauce is already made so all I have to do is roast garlic, grate the cheese and make the pate a choux

The plated dinner.

36788-albums318-picture6032.jpg

The plated dinner.

36788-albums318-picture6032.jpg

I'll bet that sausage is delicious. I love Gruyere puffs but I'm used to seeing them much smaller - finger food size. Do you eat them with a knife and fork or use your fingers? Sorry that sounds weird but seeing them so big and sitting in a sauce confused me. I'm easily confused.

We ate them with both k/f and fingers. They may have been piped out a little larger than the 1-1/2" the recipe called for. It was a first for us and we've already looked at recipes that require making them smaller. In particular a recipe that has them filled with cheese to set atop onion soup.:yum:

They are supposed to be bigger. While I might have piped them a tad bit bigger in some cases than the 1-1/2 called for, they were supposed to be sauced and bigger and eaten with a k/f as they were in a cookbook for a high-end restaurant as an appetizer.

The tiny ones to be eaten as finger food are piped 1/2 or so.

I hadn't made pate a choux in years and years. Forgot how easy it was.

They are supposed to be bigger. While I might have piped them a tad bit bigger in some cases than the 1-1/2 called for, they were supposed to be sauced and bigger and eaten with a k/f as they were in a cookbook for a high-end restaurant as an appetizer.

The tiny ones to be eaten as finger food are piped 1/2 or so.

I hadn't made pate a choux in years and years. Forgot how easy it was.

Yes,I'm more accustomed to seeing the small ones. A plain cheese puff you pick up and pop into your mouth (or take a bite if must). I've never seen them served this way.

Pate choux is a snap to make and fun to play with.

Pate choux is a snap to make and fun to play with.

Yep, I told Craig next time I spend the night (they live a fair bit away) with our granddaughters we'll have to do this and make cream puffs. I'm sure the girls would get a kick out of piping those tiny balls and watching them grow so big as they puff. Never mind the cream puff filling! Plus I'd have help beating in the eggs! Win-Win!

wow, very nice, craigsy!

how do you grind and stuff your sausage? i bought a lem meat grinder with sausage attachments a while back but have yet to use it.

wow, very nice, craigsy!

how do you grind and stuff your sausage? i bought a lem meat grinder with sausage attachments a while back but have yet to use it.

Right now we are still using the KA attachment. Just before the 4th of July, I purchased another stick burner, Horizon 16 Classic from Bass Pro. While waiting for them to process the paperwork, I checked out the LEM grinders and stuffers. I'm getting into charcuterie, so will need something beyond the KA.

PS ... About the cheese in this recipe. I assume the 1/4 cup cheese in the ingredient list should read 3/4 cup cheese, since the instructions add up to 3/4 cup of cheese.

Gruyere Puffs with Roasted Garlic-Tomato Sauce • Recipes • Hubert Keller

Disappointing that a professional recipe should have such an error.

Yes, it is 3/4. I was using my tablet because I didn't want to mess up the book and noticed that so checked the book. The book has the 3/4. Whoever transcribed it for the web site messed up. Unfortunately, I forget to mention it once I had actually made them. Good catch and sorry.

Last edited:
Yes, it is 3/4. I was using my tablet because I didn't want to mess up the book and noticed that so checked the book. The book has the 3/4. Whoever transcribed it for the web site messed up. Unfortunately, I forget to mention it once I had actually made them. Good catch and sorry.

No apology necessary med. Like you, I figured it out but if I were a chef of his caliber he should appreciate my email bringing the error to his attention. Then again, he may not give a flip. :rolleyes: We'll see.;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom