"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

wow, very nice, craigsy!

how do you grind and stuff your sausage? i bought a lem meat grinder with sausage attachments a while back but have yet to use it.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:44 PM   #32
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
wow, very nice, craigsy!

how do you grind and stuff your sausage? i bought a lem meat grinder with sausage attachments a while back but have yet to use it.
Right now we are still using the KA attachment. Just before the 4th of July, I purchased another stick burner, Horizon 16 Classic from Bass Pro. While waiting for them to process the paperwork, I checked out the LEM grinders and stuffers. I'm getting into charcuterie, so will need something beyond the KA.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:07 PM   #33
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
PS ... About the cheese in this recipe. I assume the 1/4 cup cheese in the ingredient list should read 3/4 cup cheese, since the instructions add up to 3/4 cup of cheese.

Gruyere Puffs with Roasted Garlic-Tomato Sauce € Recipes € Hubert Keller

Disappointing that a professional recipe should have such an error.
Yes, it is 3/4. I was using my tablet because I didn't want to mess up the book and noticed that so checked the book. The book has the 3/4. Whoever transcribed it for the web site messed up. Unfortunately, I forget to mention it once I had actually made them. Good catch and sorry.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:36 PM   #34
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by medtran49 View Post
Yes, it is 3/4. I was using my tablet because I didn't want to mess up the book and noticed that so checked the book. The book has the 3/4. Whoever transcribed it for the web site messed up. Unfortunately, I forget to mention it once I had actually made them. Good catch and sorry.
No apology necessary med. Like you, I figured it out but if I were a chef of his caliber he should appreciate my email bringing the error to his attention. Then again, he may not give a flip. We'll see.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinner