What's for dinner Monday, Dec 5th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let me tall ya'll about my stuff I made for supper last night!! I made a peanut butter colored roux with 1/2C butter & 1/2C flour, threw in one small onion finely chopped, 2 cloves of minced garlic, about 10 baby carrots chopped, & 1 link of diced kielbasa & let that cook in the roux until the onions were transparent. I added 1 can of diced tomatoes, about 4-6C chicken broth, 2 cooked & boned chicken thighs, a can of whole kernal corn(liquid too), 1tsp. gumbo file, 1/2tsp. Cajun seasoning, salt & pepper to taste & I let all that simmer for about 10 minutes, then I threw in a handful of frozen baby shrimp & let it simmer for 10 more minutes & served it over rice. All I can say for something that was thrown together from odd pieces of meat that I had in the freezer, it was a very yummy & filling meal.

middie said:
good question. i'm not sure, but i'm leaning towards grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.

that must be a universal meal. around here, when in doubt, that's the kicker:LOL: just love grilled cheese sandwiches (provided I don't burn them):( and good ole Campbells' tomato soup

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom