What's for Dinner Monday December 8th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
B.L.T. on brown bread. The kind of stuff that will bring me out of a coma if I was in dire straights. :cool:

everyone is having good stuff tonight! :) I agree with buttered noodles for the one with a sick family member - that's some comfort food. I also like a good ol' baked potato with butter and salt for a recovering sick one.

Tonight we grilled some chicken breasts, with extras for a salad later this week. The side was pan-sauteed zucchini and yellow squash slices, chopped onions, sliced mushrooms, and garlic in EVOO with some s & p to taste. It was really good.

We had chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, brussel sprouts, and bread. The temp dropped 30 degrees within an hour so I wanted comfort food.

Bacon, cheese omelets, and toast. I woke up from the couch after DW got home from work, so I hadn't prepared anything... :LOL:

At my house, tonight was make your own casserole from off the top of your head night. I browned 1 lb. ground beef and 1 chopped onion together. Added a jar of medium picante salsa, 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder, 1 - 4 oz. can diced green chilies, and 1 cup water. That concoction simmered for about 10 minutes. To put the casserole together I first layered 4 corn tortillas in a 9x9 inch casserole, 1/3 meat mixture, sliced olives, and shredded cheddar cheese. Repeat layers 2 times. Then I put it in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. It turned out great. It would have been even better if I had some avocado to slice across each serving.

last night, dw made broiled salmon, sundried tomato risotto, and a can o' baby peas. the salmon was perfect with just a squirt of lemon.
then around 11pm, i noshed on some leftovers: a slice of pizza with pickled hot cherry peppers, and a slice of whole grain bread with malaysian curry dipping sauce.

and oreos and milk. :pig:

We went for dinner at a friends house and had an amazing chicken dish that had an interesting and tasty mix of Tuscan and Indian flavours. Hard to picture, but incredible! We also had wild rice, corn, salad, cloverleaf rolls and tiramizu for dessert. Much better than anything I was going to throw together.

Sorry but.. what happend on December the 8th?This evening I am preparing roasted pork and spinach cream,nothing special by now...

Back
Top Bottom