What's for Dinner, Monday Feb 11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well that sounds perfect Steve :)

We have just finished dinner, we had homemade lasagna and a garden salad :)

Turkey Pot Pies
Purchased a turkey tenderloin at the groceries store a couple of weeks ago.
We have had alot of snow this week here in The Finger Lakes of NY so needed some comfort food. Dug it out of the freezer and have it simmering right now to make turkey pot pies. Will hit the spot tonight.
I have a batch of oatmeal cookies w/cranberries and walnuts chillin at the moment.
Got an early start this morning.

Its Monday and its rainy here :(

Can't decide what I want to cook today. Hot wings, Homemade lasagna or Chili? Guess ill post again later when I've decided....

Have any of you tried to make a lasagna with Provolone cheese instead of Mozzarella?

It's raining here, too. I have a Master Gardener class tonight and there's usually dinner. I will take some split pea soup out of the freezer for DH.

I was thinking of making lasagna, too. I haven't made lasagna in about 25 years and i'm a bit overdue...
I'll use a half sized casserole dish so I'm not swimming in leftovers.

I was thinking of making lasagna, too. I haven't made lasagna in about 25 years and i'm a bit overdue...
I'll use a half sized casserole dish so I'm not swimming in leftovers.

I make a full recipe and layer it in two 8x8-inch dishes. Then I bake one and freeze one. Makes a nice, easy dinner later on.

I make a full recipe and layer it in two 8x8-inch dishes. Then I bake one and freeze one. Makes a nice, easy dinner later on.

I probably wouldn't use the frozen half quickly enough.
But at least I would know what it was when I opened the freezer! :LOL:
Right Dawg? ;)

I think it's simple enough to downsize the recipe. If I have any sauce left over I'll use it for something else.

But hey, since you've done it, GG...
Will one cooked noodle go across an 8x8 dish if it's been cut in half, or will I end up piecing some layers together?

But hey, since you've done it, GG...
Will one cooked noodle go across an 8x8 dish if it's been cut in half, or will I end up piecing some layers together?

You'll need to piece them together. About 2/3 of one noodle fits across the pan. I use my kitchen scissors to cut them.

I have a crockpot meatloaf going. We'll have that with mashed potato's and asparagus. We still have lots of soup from last night too. And we still have coffee cake too. It might be my imagination but I think I just felt my pants get tighter. =o(

I think I'll make up some tuna salad, serve on top of green salad with tomatoes for me. Shrek wants more Buffalo chicken and what ever he will eat with it.

I made a ton of organic chicken with mexican seasonings in the crock pot over the weekend, so tonight I'm doing leftovers :D
Fresh pico de gallo and guacamole, with the chicken, cutting up some green chilis and jalapenos, and putting it over organic lettuce. Topping with plain greek yogurt and a bit of cheese and olive slices. Rats... I'm hungry now and it's not even lunch time here!

Lovely dinners you guys :) I haven't made lasagna in ages, think it's time!

I made spicy beef with thai rice and butternut puree on the side.

I got called in to work this morning so nothing got taken out of the freezer. We did leftovers all weekend so there's not much to eat there. I have choral rehearsal tonight so maybe we'll call on Papa John to help out with dinner.

Back
Top Bottom