Whats for dinner, Monday Feb. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
Pork Tenderloin with cranberry glaze, Buttered Peas, Salad and Honey Wheat roll.

Black Bean and Spinach Enchiladas. I made them Sunday, for a quick Monday dinner.

Pork Tenderloin with swede & carrots in a white wine sauce accopmpanied by potato & parsnip mash. yum yum

Just finished putting a sort-of clean-out stew in the slow cooker. A lone steak from the freezer, 3 carrots, onion, and the last of the celery, 2 parsnip, and a rutebaga. Browned the meat and then added some veg stock, thyme, and marjoram.

We'll see how it turns out in about 12 hours.

I'm either going to make a turkey taco salad or a pasta dish. Too early for me to decide yet.

Made a big batch of potato soup (Thanks Constance!) on Sat and a big batch of chili on Sun. Lots of leftovers to choose from since hubby will be teaching.

I think I'm leaving poor mans stroganoff for the family. I have to work a bingo tonight so I'll probably get a burger and fries.

Chicken with pasta; there is a little spinach/artichoke dip left from yesterday that I will use as the dressing for the pasta and add some blistered grape tomatoes. Green beans will be the side vegetable.

img_786062_0_dea770776f1c9180a558e5d82bec2f0f.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know, don't care. There are 4 out of 5 people in my house right now with the flu. My 82 yr. old mother is the only one who hasn't gotten it and due to her age I pray she doesn't. We are all avoiding her like the plague.

chicken with herbs de Provence. cooking method and accompaniments still tbd.

Maybe that's what I'm supposed to do with these thighs the DW got out of the freezer and placed in the fridge --- I'm clueless:ermm:...It's not like I didn't eat enough Wangs last night....Chicken again tonight??? ---- I'll be clucking!:LOL:

what about that nice chicken thigh stew recipe you posted a while back?

Well, I thought about that, and it would be good --- I'm thinking maybe Coq Au Vin --- At least I could put enough wine in it to make me think (or care) I wasn't eatin chicken...again! ;)

oooh, coq au vin would be good, and would probably have the effect you intended.
I'm just trying to avoid eating more venison chili from yesterday's Super Bowl.

I mixed up some beef tips and gravy yesterday and have ready in the fridge for tonight. Will serve with egg noodles and peas/onions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom