What's for dinner Monday, Jan 18th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I'm thinking it might be grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and a bite of sweet potato. Dh wants to try to reintroduce vegetables to his meals, which were making a hasty exit in the recent past:ermm:. Actually I will have a few more bites of the potato. I realize I have not been eating any vegetables recently, and that is not good.

What are you fixing?

The grandchildren are coming to dinner:
Baked Ham
Parsley Potatoes
Three Bean Salad (mostly for me)
Undetermined generic veggie (one that everyone will eat, ie. peas, green beans, corn or carrots)
Buttermilk Biscuits
Homemade Brownies(Mexico Karen's) and Ice Cream

I realized that Andy is right - root beer and chili is just not the same as beer and chili, so I am doing ribs with my secret BBQ sauce that contains Uncle Bob's favourite beverage. The will be done in the oven however. We have too much rain and wind to grill.

am trying out a new recipe. pork loin in the crock-pot. has red wine, onion soup (dry kind) water and soy sauce. finely chopped garlic on top. still need to get busy on pumpkin crumb cake. may scone later.

it is pouring down rain. that always makes me want to bake. and cook.

My ribs are rubbed and in the oven. My BBQ sauce is simmering and my baked beans are in the oven also.

Steamed cabbage and carrots and some 'lil smokies. (not the best dinner for my return to DC...but hey..what can I say)

I Missed you all!

My ribs are rubbed and in the oven. My BBQ sauce is simmering and my baked beans are in the oven also.

Oh boy, first I am copying Andy M, and now I am copying Ms M! ;) But I am not doing baked beans. Corn on the cob and salad will be my sides.

Steamed cabbage and carrots and some 'lil smokies. (not the best dinner for my return to DC...but hey..what can I say)

I Missed you all!
Welcome back Dave.
Dinner here is fried chicken,sauteed potatoes, green salad and roasted veggies with balsamic.

kadesma:)

Last edited:
Dinner tonight was grilled sea bass with a Dijon cream sauce, rice with mushrooms and sauteed green beans.

And we ate outside on the patio... in January... that's twice in the last week. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom