What's for Dinner, Monday, Jan. 22?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight's raid the refrigerator night since Buck has his Lions Club dinner meeting. There's not much in the refrigerator and I'm kinda in the mood for grilled cheese and tomato soup. Today's been a grey, ugly day and some comfort food would be good.

There's still some N.Y. Times bread, though.....hummmm.:angel::angel: Wonder what it would be like with some swiss cheese melted between a couple of slices? Maybe with some shaved ham. Okay, I've made myself really hungry, now.

Pork chops, potato perogies, sauteed onions & apple slices, & brussels sprouts.

Tonight was Pot Roast, complete with potatoes, onions, celery, and carrots. I used some of my homemade beef stock to braise the beef in. Oh Boy, was PeppA drooling! And then, I really made her drool. She normally makes some biscuits to go with pot roast. I made a batch of knock-off Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits. Next time, I'll have to double the recipe, as I think everyone wanted the biscuits more than dinner.

kadesma said:
After the day I've had, I just dug put some pizza dough, pulled some pizza sauce from the freezer and used the rest of the salami,mozzarella, sauteed some mushrooms and onions, opened some sliced black olives dumped it all on the pizza crust with the sauce sprinkled the top with parm and that was it. I did a small salad, and there is lemon sorbet or rocky road ice cream if anyone is interested:LOL: Next time I get handed 3 runny nosed, fever ridden little babies, after I kept telling their moms yesterday, keep them in it's to cold to play outside in just a light sweatshirt..Dinner will be OUT!!!! Lordy I'm tired..Those poor babies were so miserable all day..I spent most of it holding one or the other...Bed is looking better by the minute:LOL:

kadesma

kadesma, you just made me very depressed in knowing that even grown daughters neglect to listen to their mothers.
I was soooo hoping it would get better..............
Hope you got some sleep at last, my dear!

mudbug said:
kadesma, you just made me very depressed in knowing that even grown daughters neglect to listen to their mothers.
I was soooo hoping it would get better..............
Hope you got some sleep at last, my dear!
Bug,
when I hit that bed last night I died...It never gets to the point where they take all you have to say..But, after trips to the doctor this morning, I got a gee mom, I guess you were right. Olivia has an ear infection and congestion, Ethan has pneumonia and Carson was put on albuterol to help his breathing and an allergy med for his nose and eyes..And then, i was asked to watch them the rest of the week as the baby sitter who does it on tues. and thurs. won't take them with a fever.. I don't mind and DH will be hee to help:whistling

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom