What's for Dinner Monday Jan 26th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
It is cold and rainy, and I'm thinking on what would be best for a day like today. While I mull that over, I'm sure some of you have plans already!

Well, today is the CHINESE NEW YEAR!!! But since I cook Asian dishes all the time, I'm taking tonight off & doing takeout. From the best one of our NINE local Asian restaurants, we'll be having:

Vegetarian Spring Rolls
Szechuan String Beans
Crispy Eggplant
Seafood Pan Fried Noodles
Yu-Ling Duck

I have Food Principles class this afternoon, so will probably have leftovers from there: Pan-fried chicken cutlets, pan-fried halibut with a tomato caper sauce, southern fried chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy, and a veggie of some kind.

I've got snack duty for today's staff meeting. I'm making foccocia sandwiches, one loaf with spinach spread, one with chickpea salad spread, and one with cream cheese, cucumber, tomato and sweet onion. I'm expecting to have enough leftover for dinner tonight.

I am making a pot of cannellini bean soup; will bake a rosemary flatbread to go with it.

No cannalinni beans in the pantry so used navy beans!

img_781572_0_a04a80cbccd76f302e3050c9a6029e21.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking pork chops... but I'm not sure what to do with them....

As it is Chinese New Year, may go with a Chinese twist and coat your chops with 5 spice before cooking or making a Chinese style marinade.

I have just finished making bread so the boys have had Hawaian burgers in very fresh buns (still warm).

Gung Hee Fat Choy. I, too am making a noodle dish in honor of the new year. Because there are only two of us, I am looking to do Singapore Rice Noodles. Because we all need noodles for the new year. I think I'll make a salad before the noodles.

Baked Chicken, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, fresh green beans and glazed baby carrots.

I have some leftover tortillas from dinner last night, so I'm going to fry them, then layer them with browned ground beef, beans, corn, cheese, salsa...for a casserole. A green slald and leftover key lime tart. But if I were closer to Georgia, I'd definitely go to Mama's house.

chicken-fried steak with gravy.... sort of. I should use cube steaks, but only have hamburger. Instead of making homemade gravy, I'm using the cream of mushroom soup that I didn't use last night. I hate to waste anything. So it's like a "dollar store" chicken-fried steak dinner. I'm having a regular hamburger patty that shrunk to the size of a meatball :neutral:... with some baked cauliflower.

For the Chinese New Year, I made potstickers with dipping sauce and a stir-fry with fish balls. Never tried fish balls before - I'm afraid we won't be trying them again. They were much more dense than I expected. But it was a good dinner.

For Chinese New Year, I made tacos!!!
heehee

Actually I made them for my middle kid, he's 5 today and loves tacos for dinner!
Followed by cake and vanilla ice cream....
But if you'll excuse me I hid the GOOD ice cream downstairs and I'm gonna go get it since they're all in bed!

Back
Top Bottom