What's for Dinner, Monday, January 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far..... cool ranch doritos my boss sent home for the kids.
:)
maybe some cheese and fruit to attempt to pretend its a meal?

risotto with ham and peas
last night was linguini carbonara
both simple dishes to use up some leftovers but really good.

I'm making Greek Leek and rice with ground lamb added "just for the fun of it." It's an easy one dish meal. I'll give Paul feta and olives on the side and maybe fry up some pita bread if I can find some in the freezer.

care to share the recipe for that? I love lamb!

Big meal at lunch was a farmer sausage scramble with hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, swiss and cheddar cheese, mushrooms, onions and broccoli. It was delicious!

My solo dinner was a can of Chef Boy R Dee overstuffed ravioli. Not good. I have to go find something to get this taste out of my mouth!

Thanks to vyapti's daughter I had mac and cheese! I still don't know how to keep it from getting grainy. :mad:

Also, pork chops that had been marinating for a couple days in vermouth, ginger, garlic, soy, and now, I can't remember what else...I think some brown sugar too.

Thanks to vyapti's daughter I had mac and cheese! I still don't know how to keep it from getting grainy. :mad:

Also, pork chops that had been marinating for a couple days in vermouth, ginger, garlic, soy, and now, I can't remember what else...I think some brown sugar too.

KE, I make a white sauce (dare I use the word bechemel?) and stir half my cheese into it. I pour half my macaroni into the casserole, then half the remaining cheese, half the white sauce and repeat. Mine is very creamy and never grainy. If you want, let me know and I can PM my sauce recipe!

My Tri-Tip roast came out so tender. I defatted the drippings, added rosemary, a broken bay leaf,beef broth and made Au Jus. Had a small sandwich with Asparagus. I have plans for the rest of the meat. Just not sure yet what I will do. Stir fry, Stroganoff, Beef and Broccoli or just more French Dip Sandwiches. Decisions, decisions...........:unsure:

last night i made bbq chicken legs in the crock pot, and a big pot of "almost free" veggie soup.

the bbq legs were skinned, s&p'd, browned in a skillet in evoo, then placed atop ringed sweet onions in the crock pot, sauced with sweet baby ray's, and cooked on high for 2 hours. the legs were good and tender; the onions cooked in the bbq were amazing! i really like sweet baby ray's original bbq sauce, my new fave.

the almost free veggie soup was made mostly from scavengings from sunday's sports dept catering at work.
i defrosted the smoked ham bone leftover from our christmas party, and used it as my base in a stock pot with 3 cans of chicken broth, also left over from the party.
i brought home a big tray of crudite that no one had even opened from work, so i diced the carrot and celery sticks, and tossed them into the pot. then, in went the broccoli and cauliflower florets. i browned an onion and a head of garlic, and into the pot they went. since it was on hand, i deglazed the pan used for browning with a little coca cola, and added it as well.
i brought it all to a boil, then reduced the heat to simmer for an hour.

it was the best veggie soup that i've ever made. tasted just like the soup from our favourite chinese place. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom