What's for dinner, Monday, January 29, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Today I'm planning on making some chocolate chip banana bread. Maybe biscuits too, I'll load up the freezer with them. dh has also been requesting apple gallettes, so I might make the dough for that today.

We made red chile on Saturday, so dinner tonight will be frito upside down pies (no velveeta for me. yuck). chile, sour cream, cheddar, lettuce, tomato and fritos on top.

Dessert will be the last of the chocolate kahlua mousse.

That's the plan anyway, we'll see if my lazy butt can do it all.:LOL:

boneless pork chops (loin) done in homemade chili sauce with swiss cheese on the top baked in the oven and served with savory rice.

and several Kilos of Pistachio nuts later if I fancy a nibble watching TV :)

Sausage and pepper heros with melted mozzarella-still on the Little Italy kick!!Whatever you're having- ENJOY!!!Love and energy, VIcki

Went to the store earlier and they had some really nice shrimp so I decided to make Shrimp Scampi and serve it over Linguine. With that we'll have a salad with a Lemon Vinegrette and Fresh Garlic Cheese Biscuits.

Grilled Chicken Alfredo, heavy on the garlic. I have an unused jar of fajita seasoning that mocks me (really!) every time I open the cupboard and I'm thinking of seasoning the chicken with it. Or would that be a bit over the top?

DampCharcoal said:
I have an unused jar of fajita seasoning that mocks me (really!) every time I open the cupboard and I'm thinking of seasoning the chicken with it. Or would that be a bit over the top?

why not try just adding a Little to it, and test it that way, if it works you`re on a winner, if it`s not enough you`re still ok, and if it doesn`t work so good, you`ve only used a little bit anyway :)

Cooking`s All about experiments :)

Chicken biryani with basmati rice, sauteed spinach, fruit salad of papaya, pear, grapefruit, orange, and poached pears with red wine syrup, probably with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.

YT, I'll do that. I confess that I'm a bit gun shy about experimenting when it comes to cooking for others (I'll tell you about the Cajun Blackened Catfish fiasco some time). Encouragement is always good, thanks!

LEFSElover said:
I'll be in Boston tonight.
Arriving late so for me, dinner will probably be McCormick and Schmidts happy hour faire.:neutral:

I've had worse! Had some mighty tasting oysters at the one here.

Tonight it's the "gourmet" :LOL: pigs in a blanket! :ermm:

I'm going to attempt another batch of Arroz con Pollo, with one change. I'm going to finish the cooking by baking it, instead of cooking it on the stovetop like I've done the past couple of times.

AllenOK said:
I'm going to attempt another batch of Arroz con Pollo, with one change. I'm going to finish the cooking by baking it, instead of cooking it on the stovetop like I've done the past couple of times.

Thats how I do it, I cook the rice in a dutch oven with the broth until they fluff up. Then I add the chicken, peas, cilantro, etc.

kitchenelf said:
I've had worse! Had some mighty tasting oysters at the one here.
Tonight it's the "gourmet" :LOL: pigs in a blanket! :ermm:
Oh enjoy those piggies:LOL:
Candocook said:
Chicken biryani with basmati rice, sauteed spinach, fruit salad of papaya, pear, grapefruit, orange, and poached pears with red wine syrup, probably with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
I don't know what Chicken biryani is but I was hoping I could come for dinner...:ROFLMAO:
boufa06 said:
Dinner was Revithia Soupa with fresh bread and bread pudding.
what's revithia soupa?
DampCharcoal said:
Grilled Chicken Alfredo, heavy on the garlic. I have an unused jar of fajita seasoning that mocks me (really!) every time I open the cupboard and I'm thinking of seasoning the chicken with it. Or would that be a bit over the top?
not quite sure what that is…
is it dry like a dry rub?
either which way, for your alfredo, I'd say no because I’m thinking that fajita seasoning would be full of cumin and chili powder and those flavors [in my mind anyway] don’t have anything in common with a typical Alfredo. But hey, what the heck, I could very easily be wrong. I’m a nervous pervis enough when it comes to cooking for someone that's coming over...:blink:

Pot Roast which has been in my slow cooker all day (smells heavenly) with carrots, onions, potatoes. Either green beans or a salad.

Damp, I've had a blackened chicken alfredo before and it's very good--different from the standard, but tasty, so I think you're on to something there. Like YT said, go easy on the seasoning the first time!:)

We're having chicken scampi, roasted tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers and a tossed salad. Probably just some fruit if we're in the mood for something sweet later.

Lefse, unfortunately it's not a dry rub, it's straight up seasoning. Salt is the primary ingredient along with "spices, garlic, corn syrup solids, onion, maltodextrin," you get the idea. I mixed one tablespoon with 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1/4 cup water and about 3/4 cup evoo for a marinade. The grill is fired up, I'll find out soon enough! I think it'll work out just fine.

Hey, PA! Sounds like a Tuscan-style dinner! I'll trade mine for yours. :chef:
How's the little one?

I made a quick bean soup I got from another fellow on website. His name is Maynard and he posted it.

Speedy Black Bean Soup - will post it if I like it. I made it earlier and will re-heat it tonight. Always better that way.

Back
Top Bottom