Whats for Dinner, Monday - July 24th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix said:
It was our Anniversary today so we went out and did A Taste of Edmonton. That is a yearly festival that falls on our anniversary every year. About 30 local restaurants come out and provide an entree and a dessert. You buy tickets and go around and sample all the things you want. Its wonderful. We are now lying in the basement trying to digest.
Remind me next year so I can plan to come down for it. My daughter works for Air North, Yukon's only airline, and gets me some good deals on tickets. (I pay the taxes and that's it) Flights to Van. Calgary or Edmonton are almost no cost. I would love to attend one of those.
Oh yeah, she get's discounts at some of the nicest hotels near the airport. Cool having a daughter working for an airline.

Last edited:
Happy belated Anniversary Alix and Ken!

We ended up just having the Kaboobs and Mac & Cheese. I wanted to do the Orzo but was working out in the yard and was exhausted and just wanted something fast so I popped some Easy Mac in the microwave. I'll be so glad when we use the last of that up......I don't particularly care for it but don't want it to go to waste. The kaboobs turned out amazing. I need to make these more often than I do.

Alix said:
It was our Anniversary today so we went out and did A Taste of Edmonton. That is a yearly festival that falls on our anniversary every year. About 30 local restaurants come out and provide an entree and a dessert. You buy tickets and go around and sample all the things you want. Its wonderful. We are now lying in the basement trying to digest.

Happy Belated Birthday also from me, Alix and Ken!!

They must have scheduled Taste of Edmonton this way on purpose, it is a perfect way to celebrate!!:-p Glad you had a wonderful time, I know how you were feeling when you came home, I had similar experiences also... I hope by now you can move around and bend over a little!!:LOL:

buckytom said:
and wow, you guys must be popular up there in edmonton. the whole city has a festival for your anniversary.

i guess you deserve that when you are married to the king of karma!

A famous defence lawyer once said...."For the crown to continue to fit, you must submit." (more karma)

Cough...cough....Karma hit people....cough.....:)

See what happens when I leave you by yourself? You start begging for attention.

Thanks for the Anniversary wishes everyone. It was a wonderful day (and evening!) and we look forward to many more anniversary celebrations. (It was our 13th BTW, but its going to be a lucky year anyway!)

And for those of you who might feel obliged to give Ken karma, let me remind you that he will be h*ll for me to live with if he ever overtakes me in the karma department so I beg you to reconsider. Thank you. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom