What's For Dinner Monday July 26?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
It looks like no one started a thread for today, so I guess I will. :cool:

I am going to have nachos tonight, with ground beef, refried beans, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, onions, cheese, and anything else that looks like it would be good. Sweet tea to drink, and watermelon for dessert.

:)Barbara

I am going to make a recipe I found today, modified by me of course. I subbed the Feta cheese with Parmesan. I am going to add a rinsed and drained can of Cranberry beans and have Asparagus on the side and call it dinner!

Orzo with Parmesan Tomatoes and Dill

• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 cup chopped dill or dried dill eyeballing it
  • 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
  • 1 cup orzo
  • 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese (6 ounces)

Preparation

Toss together oil, tomatoes, dill, zest, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a large serving bowl. Let stand at least ten minutes
Meanwhile, cook orzo in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (1 1/2 tablespoons salt for 4 quarts water) until al dente
[FONT=&quot]Drain orzo and toss with tomato mixture. Add cheese and toss again[/FONT]

I put a chuck roast in the oven. It's the first piece of meat from the cow I bought. Will have baked potatoes and yellow squash with it.

Beef and pepper stir fry. I got some great peppers from the farmer's market.

Pan seared ham steak with a side of Dragon Lady's sesame noodles.

Change of plans. SO was late coming home and too tired for dinner (I never understood that) so she snacked and I had leftover sesame ginger flank steak from last night and Dragon Lady's sesame noodles (thanks, KathleenA) leftover from lunch.

I have had my sesame fix for a while.

Tonight we had the rest of the cubanelle peppers with sausage, potatoes, onions all cooked together and French rolls with a salad of sliced tomatoes,cucumbers,avocados. Put on a pot of beans for tomorrow.
ice cream soft serve.
kades:)

I had leftover beef and broccoli from the Szechuan Hot Wok Carryout. I fixed it up a bit with onion, garlic, asparagus and tomato. Served it over plain white rice.

I am going to make a recipe I found today, modified by me of course. I subbed the Feta cheese with Parmesan. I am going to add a rinsed and drained can of Cranberry beans and have Asparagus on the side and call it dinner!

Orzo with Parmesan Tomatoes and Dill

• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 cup chopped dill or dried dill eyeballing it
  • 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
  • 1 cup orzo
  • 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese (6 ounces)

Preparation

Toss together oil, tomatoes, dill, zest, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper in a large serving bowl. Let stand at least ten minutes
Meanwhile, cook orzo in a pasta pot of boiling salted water (1 1/2 tablespoons salt for 4 quarts water) until al dente
[FONT=&quot]Drain orzo and toss with tomato mixture. Add cheese and toss again[/FONT]

I used 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic instead of the lemon zest. I also "steam" heated the beans. YUMMY

Had some leftover stir fry and leftover rice. Measured the latter so hubby (diabetic) would know how much to eat, then made a great fried rice!

please tell me what cranberry beans are and how to use them.

I bought them canned, but you can buy them dry(cheaper). The only other time I had them they were just cooked in a pressure cooker and served as a side dish.
They are a creamy texture bean, speckled with red when dry, that goes away when cooked. Your imagination or lack of is the only thing that can guide you on how to use. Add them to pasta, tossed salads, side dish, bean salad, soups, stews ect... I like to have meat free nights about once a week and making something with beans subs for the protein.

Back
Top Bottom