What's for Dinner, Monday, July 27th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
It's supposed to be warm here again, so I'm not sure. I might possibly make a big chicken salad... depends.

What are you having for supper?

I have several individually-wrapped slices of leftover Swiss Chard-stuffed meatloaf in the freezer, & will be serving them up with mashed potatoes & some green, yellow wax, & purple snap beans from the farmers market. (I SO wish the purple beans didn't turn green when cooked - they make such a vivid picture with the other two colors.)

I made some chicken salad from last night's leftovers. There are also leftovers of the mashed potatoes.
I am trying to clear out my freezer so I took out something that I thought was spaghetti sauce, but turned out to be chili. We'll have something out of those three things :LOL:
I go to school and my current schedule keeps me in class until 10 pm so easy stuff is key. Thankfully it is my last week of this schedule and then I can go back to cooking regular dinners at a normal time . Well, normal for me.

brats braised in beer, and grilled. bbq wallawalla onions, spud n greenbean salad, dirty rice, fruit salad, ice cream! a picnic with friends and colleagues

Nothing special today as it's a work day and never have enough time to be very creative in the kitchen so it was pork schnitzels seasoned with garlic salt and griddled and topped with a fried egg served with potatoe croquettes. Still tasty mind :)

More info on my crockpot chicken

Crockpot chicken thighs.
Since we can't edit our post later on , I will add some info here.
The chicken thighs are cooking in 2 cans of chicken broth/garden veggies,
other ingredients added are : dried diced potatoes, dried green onions, onion powder, sea salt, melange of pepper, dried burgundy wine powder, dried lemon zest, dried red pepper flakes, there were other ingredients but I can't recall them. :LOL:. I didn't use a recipe, just put in what I thought may be an interesting addition. :chef:

I've got some Roma brand fresh kielbasa, so I'll cook that up with onions, green peppers, jalopeno peppers, garlic and tomatos over last nights leftover rice.

My friend just brought over 2 roast chickens w/lemons and onions inside. Plus mashed potatoes, corn and gravy. Smells great, I may not wait for dinner.

Linguine with a basil-pecan pesto, with a side of sauteed asparagus and perhaps some golden cherry tomatoes drizzled with olive oil and chopped fresh herbs.

I've decided. I'm having a ham/vegie (mushrooms, zucchini, onion, tomato) french bread pizza. Cheeses are American and mozz.

I'm making Mark hamburger gravy over mashed taters.

Chicken Wings --------
Butter beans ------
Yellow squash -------
New Potatoes in cream Sauce ----
Cornbread -------
A platter of sliced tomatoes, Vidalia onions, cucumbers, and pods of Cayenne peppers.
Chocolate Ice Cream -----------

Orzo cooked in chicken stock, then will add some sauted mushrooms,garlic and onions, french lamb chops with rosemary and garlic, green salad with tomatoes, onions, avocado,evoo,red wine vinegar,salt and pepper and Italian bread and butter. Apples sauted in butter, when golden sprinkeled with brown sugar and cinnamon and topped with some whipped cream.
kadesma

I am trying to stay cool today, so I made a chilled watermelon soup that is in the fridge whenever I need it, also grilled some chicken this morning and it is chilling for some nice cool chicken wraps.

I have no idea. It's just me, husband out backpacking (one week gone so far). I may do something with some ham, potatoes, cheese.

it was hot so we ordered heros from pizza place. i got rubber chicken drenched in sauce and cheese on a soggy roll that was supposed to be chicken parm!! it was so soogy it fell apart when i tried to pick it up and eat it, it disgusted me!! ACK!! i hate a messy, sloppy sammie that falls apart!! i wound up throwing that crap out and frying a burger for myself!!

I've decided. I'm having a ham/vegie (mushrooms, zucchini, onion, tomato) french bread pizza. Cheeses are American and mozz.

I'm making Mark hamburger gravy over mashed taters.

This was the Pizza I made myself that day.
img_840354_0_a7bba5beddfc9e6b143bb1d0bfedea37.jpg

img_840354_1_e36504fd91a0ddd09dee7e985046d8ed.jpg

I didn't make mark hamburger gravy.... too warm here for that... I have him a salad.

Back
Top Bottom