What's for Dinner Monday June 21?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
How will you celebrate the longest day of the year?

I am making porccupine balls for dinner.

cooking a deer roast in the crock pot; started off by sprinkling with kosher salt, homemade garlic powder and cranking the pepper grinder over it for a good dose of fresh pepper, then dusting with flour. Then seared the roast on most sides in a hot cast iron skillet with olive oil and butter. Placed it in the crock pot with an onion I wanted out of the frig, and 2 cups of beef broth made from Penzeys beef soup base. Probably will serve with some brown rice and a bit of fresh broccoli..

Two bananas and a glass of milk for me! (Detox diet...)

Mmmm breakfast for dinner...always a good choice. My Mom used to make apple pancakes on Friday's during lent.

Grandson is asking for corned beef for dinner and breakfast so here we go. He wants to learn to cook and I'm thrilled.Now off to the store and shopping.
kades

Last edited:
not sure, depends on how the dentist appointment goes. Will probably pick up some more charcoal, have a hankering for ribs... but, we'll see.

Dentist app't went well, I think we'll go out to a new Chinese restaurant here in town, will grill with friends tomorrow.

A spatch-cocked chicken is slowly working....
Looks like spud salad.......
I'm guessing yellow squash from the garden....
Probably some sliced D'maters from the garden....
Mos likely some Chocolate Ice Cream from Kroger.......
That should cover it.......

A spatch-cocked chicken is slowly working....
Looks like spud salad.......
I'm guessing yellow squash from the garden....
Probably some sliced D'maters from the garden....
Mos likely some Chocolate Ice Cream from Kroger.......
That should cover it.......

You didn't forget the bourbon in all that did ya? ;)

invited to a Costa Rican feast...w/arroz con pollo, frijoles negros, ceviche et al ... scuze my spelling, bad enough in English, no doubt!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom