"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 03-20-2006, 01:40 PM   #11
Executive Chef
Most likely pot roast here tonight.

Peace, Love, and Vegetable Rights!
Eat Meat and Save the Plants!
AllenOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:44 PM   #12
Chief Eating Officer
OK leftovers have been put on hold. Mom is babysitting for us today and just called to let me know her evening plans have just been cancelled so she wanted to know if we wanted to go out to dinner with her and dad. There is a fish place 2 seconds from my house that we all love and they have half price meals on Mon and Tue so we are going there.

You know you can't resist clicking
this link. Your eyes will thank you. VISUAL BLISS
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:04 PM   #13
Head Chef
We're seeing the accountant tonight, so it'll probably just be something simple, like sandwiches when we get home.

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:05 PM   #14
Head Chef
We are having turkey tacos with all the fixings and guacamole.

Amber - I'm sorry to hear you have kidney stones - I hope you get some strong pain meds!!
Toots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:18 PM   #15
Sous Chef
leftover potroast here
I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.
mugsy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:19 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by amber
I just found out I have kidney stones, and havent been able to eat for days, so I am probably having ensure ( a liquid meal supplement), and hopefully getting some pain medication for these stones. All they said in the ER was to drink lots of water and take motrin, ya like that helped. I was going to make spaghetti and meatballs yesterday but that just didnt happen, no energy at all. Sorry to whine about myself!
Good grief Amber, kidney stones hurt like blazes, you go ahead and whine. Wish I could come help you. don't see how you could even stay on your feet, let alone cook!! Take care and feel better.

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:29 PM   #17
Master Chef
Frank still has his beef soup in my pasta pot so nothing to do the spaghettis in.
So.. nothing for dinner.
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire
DH and I had lunch saturday at an old hotel..He had a crab louis salad and I had one of the lunch specialsMine was 3 seed bread, grilled then smeared with a basil aioli (couldn't really taste it) then topped with bacon,baby lettuce,that while pretty realy needed a dressing, tomato and avocado with fries along side. I only ate half of the lunch and dh finished it off after we did some shopping and I walked him miles so, he dared me to make one as good or better..So, this is what I've done, I got 3 seed bread, have the bacon fried and on paper towels, sliced tomato. I have an assortment of baby greens and I'm going to dress them with seasoned rice vinegar and some walnut oil just before putting on sandwich, I also roasted some garlic and made some mayo and mixed that together to make an aioli..I'll grill the bread then assemble the sandwich..I threw together a small batch of potato salad and that is dinner...Wonder if it will be as good or not. We shall see.Dessert, angel food cake with a coffee,whipped cream,mascarpone mix sprinkled with cocoa..
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:12 PM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire
Pork chops currently thawing on the counter, along with some nice foccacia bread and Stouffer's spinach souffle. So which sauce for the chops?

Apricot Mango Wasabi?
Hot Pepper Raspberry Chipotle?
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 03:26 PM   #20
Assistant Cook
I thought I'd do my first post here because I happen to be going "all out" for tonight since I'm on spring break. But anyways, I'll be making dinner for two consisting of:

fish (havn't gotten it yet) with butter, capers and broccolli sauce servered over whole wheat fetuccini. I think there is some wine left over from last night too

bads is offline   Reply With Quote