What's for dinner Monday, March 20th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Amber, I hope you are getting to feel better soon:( .

We had a cranberry pork roast in the crock pot (cooked perfectly, didn't even fall apart -lets see if I can do that again!), spaetzle, sauteed baby bella mushrooms and green beans. For dessert mom picked up St. Joseph Cakes for the italian deli - yummy! I made a pig of myself!

I made a "veggie broth" (began it with bacon, but other than 4oz it was veggie) with things in the fridge that needed using real bad, and a few in the bin under the chopping block that were becoming noticable. Then I added lentils and later some escarole and herbs. A great lentil soup, served with rye bread and chunks of feta and romano cheese. gotta couple quarts for the freezer!

amber said:
I just found out I have kidney stones, and havent been able to eat for days, so I am probably having ensure ( a liquid meal supplement), and hopefully getting some pain medication for these stones. All they said in the ER was to drink lots of water and take motrin, ya like that helped. I was going to make spaghetti and meatballs yesterday but that just didnt happen, no energy at all. Sorry to whine about myself!

I hope you feel better soon amber - I've never had them but have known people who have - very painful but you already know that! Take care.

We just had grilled mozarella/ham with a tomato slice in the middle - Michael will have (when he gets home) tomato soup with his.

kingfisherfd2 said:
Hi, KE.
phil

Hi to you too kf - thanks for the visit yesterday - next time you'll have to stay and I'll get some cider for you!!!! It really was good to see you and Jackson - you two blend well with the 3 of us - know what I mean? Hey, you got a good recipe for really dry chicken? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: If not I know where you can get one :rolleyes:

:heart:

mudbug said:
Pork chops currently thawing on the counter, along with some nice foccacia bread and Stouffer's spinach souffle. So which sauce for the chops?

Apricot Mango Wasabi?
or
Hot Pepper Raspberry Chipotle?

You probably already had dinner, but I would have voted for the hot pepper raspberry chipotle.

I had garlic sausage on a French roll with dijon mustard, mayo, and onion with a side of apple sauce.

Pasta with pesto, the pesto frozen from last summer. Hubby wanted brussels sprouts rather than a salad. Ugh. Don't get me wrong, I love brussels sprouts. But they are repeating. I'm dreading going up to bed. I should have insisted on the salad!! I'm going to be gassed!!

Back
Top Bottom